2004: Rays (4-2)
    2005: Marlins (6-0)
    2006: Rays (4-2)
    2007: Marlins (4-2)
    2008: Rays (5-1)
    2009: Rays (5-1)
    2010: Marlins (4-2)

Interesting Notes
    • Marlins lead the series in both games won (40-33) and series won (7-5-1)
    • Only twice have both teams finished .500 or better in a season (2008, 2009)
    • Marlins own the longest win streak in the series (7 games) and the current streak (1 game)

--------------------
    Game 1
    VS
    0-1 • 3.92 • 1.35 VS 3-1 • 2.90 • 1.23
    Fri, May 20th 7:10 EDT

Game 2
    VS
    5-3 • 3.59 • 1.09 VS 2-4 • 7.55 • 1.91
    Sat, May 21st 4:10 EDT

Game 3
    VS
    4-2 • 2.26 • 0.99 VS 3-1 • 1.64 • 0.98
    Sun, May 22nd 1:10 EDT
    --------------------
    Really, really, really can't wait until the Sunday matchup
    Last edited by Omar; 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

I like that averages state that Javy will allow more runners in an inning than Josh will allow earned runs in a game.

Baseball is silly sometimes.

Comment

We're going to get annihilated on Saturday (I'm referring to the baseball game, I'm not one of those people who think the Velocirapture will occur that day). Games 1 and 3 should be pretty great games though. Hopefully this team can man the fuck and take 2 of 3 to get themselves back on the up and up.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Keep the Citrus Cup sponsored by Amtrak in Miami!

Comment

Big Brother 1
          Little Brother 0
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
            We're going to get annihilated on Saturday
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Good Guys 2
              Bad Guys 0

Comment

Halfway to that bowl of plastic oranges we all covet.

Comment

I was looking at the Marlins Radio Network compared to what the Rays have.

Rays Radio Network here.

Marlins Radio Network here.

The Rays dominate Central and Northern Florida. The map provided by the Marlins has a lot of fluff in it. Most radio stations have to powerdown at night. For example, WFLN in Arcadia has a very weak signal at night. Rays and Marlins share WWCN in Fort Myers, WSTU in Port St. Lucie, and WELE in Daytona Beach. I don't know exactly how that works.

Marlins only really control the SE Florida metro area and the Keys. Half of the MRN is shared with the Rays.

Going forward, the Rays will strenghten their brand in Central and Northern Florida. I think it's safe to say Orlando and Central Florida are Rays territory because of the proximity to Tampa. Relocating their ST facility into Port Charlotte was probably aimed at capturing more of the (expanding) SW Florida market which has been traditionally aligned with the Marlins. If the Marlins ever left Roger Dean Stadium I wouldn't be surprised if they moved into the Fort Myers area. It makes sense from a ST and marketing point of view. Marlins being present year round with radio/ST/and the Hammerheads would go a long way in locking up the market. Moving the Suns into Jacksonville was also a good move in keeping the brand alive in Jacksonville. Next step should be with a radio affiliate considering the Rays don't have anything up there.

Comment

Working...
                  X