No announcement yet.

Vazquez Torched Again, Costing Marlins the Game but Allowing Fans to Watch Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Vazquez Torched Again, Costing Marlins the Game but Allowing Fans to Watch Heat

Discuss.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Well, the bullpen did a nice job to keep us in it and allow the offense time to come back. They just didn't pull it off.

Comment

Not very good
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

not for me, this was

Comment

And the frustrating thing is we have Halladay and Lee up next. We really needed this one, and with Blanton on the other side, I thought we had a decent chance of it if Vazquez was even remotely competent.

Comment

But did you think there was a decent chance of Vazquez being remotely competent?

Comment

LoMoMarlins Logan Morrison
              Wow @GabySanchez15 is hotter than a @CharlieSheen catch phrase right now... No wonder they moved me to LF
              Can't wait till this man is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                But did you think there was a decent chance of Vazquez being remotely competent?
                Yes. I mean, I would've taken four of five runs in six innings, which isn't anything to write home about for any other pitcher. I've learned my lesson.

Comment

Vazquez shouldn't start no more.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Petersen looks huge(ripped).

Comment

that's why he's known as peteypipes

Comment

Manager Edwin Rodriguez said Vazquez would make his next scheduled start Sunday in Washington.

Added manager Edwin Rodriguez: "The command is not there and he's not going to overpower anybody…He cares about what's going on. As long as he cares and wants to do good and battles, we're going to keep throwing him out there. Let's see how far he can go and how many innings he can give us."
                        Phillies rough up Vazquez, claim series opener

Comment

Phew. I'm glad he won't be replaced by one of those assholes who doesn't care and wants to suck.

Comment

I think the real key is the battling

When you battle, the result is irrelevant
                            --------------------
                            Shockingly, he is bottom 5 in most stat categories in the NL, including dead last in xFIP

Also a swell 28% GB rate
                            Last edited by Metes; 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

So if he stops giving a shit then will replace him? Awesome.. I would take him not covering home on the boni throw and dropping the throw from Buck not giving a shit.

Were in trouble the next two nites.. Hopefully JJ has his no hit stuff tomm nite and our bats find the ball enough to win that is all. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X