Mike Stanton 9th Inning 2-R HR Puts Fish Over Cards 8-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
    Totally agree, pull Javy after 5, or pinch hit for him top 5 (as I would have and I think you said you would have in the game thread) and we probably don't deal with a huge collapse. Then people are kind of OK with Javy on the "he gives us a chance to win if you know how to manage him" mindset.

I still don't really like him, but neither he nor Volstad are "problems" right now.
    I agree not today, but my mind could change over the course of May. But I would put starting pitching # 1 concern moving forward, because Dobbs/Bonifacio are really playing out of their minds where we may be able to get league average performance out of 3B for a bit longer. I think this team needs a bat to replace Cousins (and a healthy Morrison, a healthy Baker, and another bat to replace "murphys" spot if we're not counting Dominguez in August), but we're going to need some starter innings at some point.

Whips

.71 JJ
    1.06 Nolasco
    1.56 Anibal
    1.56 Volstad
    1.81 Javy

And Anibal's is really helped with that complete game. 3/5 the rotation is kind of a mess right now. It's absolutely a sample size issue over 30-40 innings and should hopefully change, but if this continues we're going to wear down the pen by July even though Edwin is doing a pretty good job of resting them. To soon to freak out, but it's a little scary.

Comment

Working...
    X