Mike Stanton 9th Inning 2-R HR Puts Fish Over Cards 8-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
    MLB Network pointing out how Leo balks without being called.
    Just like Aki Otsuka, if the hesitation is part of the pitcher's natural delivery, it's not a balk.
    --------------------
    I like Stanton post-game with Minervini. He keeps looking off camera like "someone come get me, please!"
    Last edited by Swifty; 05-04-2011, 10:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
      We should try to win tomm to be 20-10.
      This sounds like a plan.

Comment

This team is pretty darn good and is really a pleasure to watch even when the game is 3 and a half hours. Javy's probably the only problem I have with this team and we still won despite his efforts.

There's nothing wrong with Leo.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

At what point do we start looking for other options to replace Vaz in the rotation.

Comment

At what point do we start looking for other options to replace Vaz in the rotation.
            That's down the list; need to find a 3B and bench power first.

Comment

June. I also think Edwin needs to take them out before the predictable blowup.

Comment

With Emilio and Dobbs, 3rd isn't really a problem once LoMo comes back.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Boni needs to go to 3rd when LoMo comes back

Comment

I mean Vaz is basically a wreck every 5 days who forces us to dig deep into the pen. I'd like to think it's higher up then the bench right now.

Comment

Were paying him 9mil he is going no where.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Totally agree, pull Javy after 5, or pinch hit for him top 5 (as I would have and I think you said you would have in the game thread) and we probably don't deal with a huge collapse. Then people are kind of OK with Javy on the "he gives us a chance to win if you know how to manage him" mindset.

I still don't really like him, but neither he nor Volstad are "problems" right now.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Seriously. How did he not take him out? I know Javy's a vet and I guarantee that had a lot to do with it, but he doesn't have it anymore.

The defense didn't help him that inning.

Comment

I think someone mentioned this before but maybe we'll do Javy like we did Leiter by designating him for assignment around the All-Star break.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I mean Vaz is basically a wreck every 5 days who forces us to dig deep into the pen. I'd like to think it's higher up then the bench right now.
                              Not for me, you can fudge the rotation to minimize him, and if he has a short leash, he's not a disaster. Edwin screwed up leaving him in.

Comment

Greg Dobbs had his ankles buried in the clay I think when that Pinch Hitter guy hit a pop-up to him. That hurt Javy as much as Bonifacio's goof.

Comment

Working...
                                X