Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Volstad: Major League Baseball Player. No, Seriously.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    That's a dumb stat. You're better than that.
    I agree, but I also think it's fucking amazing we are 14-4 in Volstads last 18 starts in a star struck, what the fuck, kind of way

Comment

Hitters know they got to hit.

Comment

I was talking to a guy from Baseball America tonight about Volstad and he mentioned that he didn't throw his curve anymore. Is that true?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I don't think he throws a sinker anymore either.

Comment

He's thrown his curve 4.1% this year

Comment

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.asp...901&position=P
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's dumb. Why doesn't he throw it? Scouts rated it a 70 curve. That's what he was known for in the minors.

Comment

I assume you were talking to Ben Badler as he made these exact points last week on twitter.

Comment

I recall that when he got called up there was a lot of talk about his ability to throw a pretty darn good curveball. Now there is a lot of talk about his inability to pitch at the big league level. For shame.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Off the top of my head, it was never more than a chase pitch. He couldn't consistently throw it for a strike. Probably not the worst idea to abandon it; his velocity isn't such that he could even use it as a 'get me over pitch;' it'd end up in orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I assume you were talking to Ben Badler as he made these exact points last week on twitter.
                        hahaha yes. Didn't know he mentioned it on twitter. At least he didn't change stories lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                          Off the top of my head, it was never more than a chase pitch. He couldn't consistently throw it for a strike. Probably not the worst idea to abandon it; his velocity isn't such that he could even use it as a 'get me over pitch;' it'd end up in orbit.
                          It isn't sharp enough to be a chase pitch. It's too loopy.

If he had the control, he could use it back door or just below the knees, but yeah I don't see a 70 curveball.

Comment

Working...
                          X