General Public Turns on Bullpen Just Like That, Fish Lose in Extras 4-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Cousins has to get that ball cleanly in the 9th.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        Poor Hugg
        That was the worst. At least I got to see JJ in form.

Also, we were all paying for our tickets separately so we just planned on walking up and getting them...we stood the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
          well uhhh Randy Choate was great.
          Mike Dunn wasn't bad either, from what I gathered on the updates.

He was perfect in his first inning, and in the second inning (which I'm not sure why he was even pitching a 2nd inning), his defense didn't really help him out in escaping that jam. Hanley doesn't bobble the ball, and it's a very possible DP and he gets out of the jam.

I don't think one can be surprised at his two walks; he's going to do that, especially when you start throwing him out there for a 2nd inning against a bunch of tough right-handed hitters, who hit lefties pretty well.

Also, stop bringing in Ryan Webb into situations with men on base. It's not surprising that he's sucked with inherited runners; I like Webb and everything, but how about a guy more capable of getting a strikeout with men on base? Where was Hensley? Isn't he the "setup guy," anyway?

Comment

So has there been an explanation why no Hensley? This isn't to say I want him, I'm just curious if he's on the "outs."

Also, I'm not a fan of Webb as the fireman; Webb needs to have the role Dunn has now (starting the "bridge" innings) and Dunn needs to be the fireman.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
              tomm its supposed to rain.. I don't think I would be too upset if their was a rainout.
              No, because we would have to lose an off day in order to fly back to Cincy.

Comment

Do you think any of our other 3b options get to this ball?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                    So has there been an explanation why no Hensley? This isn't to say I want him, I'm just curious if he's on the "outs."

Also, I'm not a fan of Webb as the fireman; Webb needs to have the role Dunn has now (starting the "bridge" innings) and Dunn needs to be the fireman.
                    Manny_Navarro Manny Navarro
                    Marlins setup man Clay Hensley has been unavailable to pitch since slipping down flight of stairs Friday at team hotel

Comment

wow we can't even walk down stairs without getting hurt.. we need reinforcements

Comment

Working...
                      X