Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buck, Infante, and Vasquez really. Also, Vazquez is a 1 year deal. Uggla would've been a horrendous multi-year contract. It's a potentially bad move this season, but it's an error we can correct next season. The same can't be said about signing Uggla long-term if he keeps up his current production.

Comment

I'd make the Fredi-Uggla for Edwin-Dunn-Infante trade every f'ing time.

Comment

How can you leave out Dunn in that situation

Comment

Well I was commenting solely on the freeing up money aspect of things. I really wasn't a big fan of Uggla, especially at the price tag he wanted. I'm kind of happy he is gone. It sucks that a large portion of this year's savings went into Vasquez who hasn't panned out, but they aren't going to hit on everyone.

Dunn has been very good this year and Infante has been OK, his defense is a big plus. I'm especially all for it if it gives the team some flexibility to try and put a deal together to keep Anibal around. Is this his last year of arbitration? He has looked real good the last couple seasons and think its worth exploring an extension. JJ, Nolasco, Anibal has been quite the threesome, now if only the back of the rotation can not be so bad.

Comment

I would say Infante has been better than ok.. His hitting will come around. He seems to do well in the 8 hole as well. His D is 100 times better than Uggla as well.

Comment

He's working it right now. When do the Marlins think about getting him locked up for a few years?

Comment

when it's too late (see: Cabrera, Miguel; Beckett, Josh; Stanton, Mike)
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Or after this offseason (see: Johnson, Josh; Ramirez, Hanley; Nolasco, Ricky)
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

let pokadot be bitter

Comment

He'll have his chance again in a few days when the Marlins make their pick in the draft.

Comment

It's too late to sign mike Stanton?

Shit, his arbitration years went quick.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                          when it's too late (see: Cabrera, Miguel; Beckett, Josh; Stanton, Mike)
                          Stanton still plays for us no?

Comment

Stanton is still 5 full years after this one from free agency, no?
                            poop

Comment

It's probably too late to get Stanton signed for a super useful number.

Anibal, however, with 2012 remaining as club control would be silly to balk at a 3 year deal, and the Marlins would be silly to not go there. A backloaded 3/$21 makes sense for all.

Comment

He's not going to sign for Longoria money, but if he signed right now, we'd still get him for substantially less than we did Hanley.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X