New Stadium Dimensions Compared to Other Ballparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Festa View Post
    Eh, we'll have the roof closed on really humid days. Also SD can get really wet on some nights with the fog. I think it'll be similar to San Diego.

Roof closed, the Astro Dome is a good comp considering the dimensions are nearly the same.
    Wasn't the Astro Dome a hitter's park?
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
      Wasn't the Astro Dome a hitter's park?
      Not for HRs, as I recall. It was pretty spacious. I remember hearing things to the effect of: Glenn Davis could have hit a lot more HRs if hadn't played in the Astro Dome.

Comment

I guess my memories of the Astro Dome are so well rooted in the Killer B's that I just assume it was hitter friendly
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
          I guess my memories of the Astro Dome are so well rooted in the Killer B's that I just assume it was hitter friendly
          Because the outfield was so spacious, I think it was friendly average-wise
          ... that is, unless they tinkered with the dimensions during my baseball hiatus in the 90's.

Comment

heh, funny you say that because I had a baseball hiatus myself in the 90's. 93'-96' to be exact

Comment

The Astrodome was a solid pitchers' park in preventing home runs. Between '66 and '92 the dimensions were 340-390-406-390-340.

Comment

Working...
              X