No announcement yet.

Poor Volstad Outing Along With Quiet Offense Lead to Loss Against Braves, 5-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Poor Volstad Outing Along With Quiet Offense Lead to Loss Against Braves, 5-0

Not cool man, not cool.

0-9 with RISP tonight.

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    Not cool man, not cool.

0-9 with RISP tonight.
    Yep seems to be the MO of this team this year. Forget how to hit with men in SP.
    --------------------
    Now Hudson gets a chance to beat the crap out of us tomorrow night. I get the feeling that this could be an 0-6 road trip. UGH !
    Last edited by Emperor; 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Were still at .500.. We could be the Red Sox.. They can't hit or pitch!

Comment

Road trip started in Houston

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          Were still at .500.. We could be the Red Sox.. They can't hit or pitch!
          Yeah but does anyone really think that is gonna happen all year in Fenway.....OTOH the Marlins have a history of losing their way to plate with men in SP. It happened a lot last year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
            Yep seems to be the MO of this team this year. Forget how to hit with men in SP.
            --------------------
            Now Hudson gets a chance to beat the crap out of us tomorrow night. I get the feeling that this could be an 0-6 road trip. UGH !
            Only difference is that tomorrow night we have a real pitcher on the mound. Actually, tomorrow night we have the better pitcher on the mound.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Only difference is that tomorrow night we have a real pitcher on the mound. Actually, tomorrow night we have the better pitcher on the mound.
              I do believe that....okay I'll revise that, we'll be 1-5

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                We could have had Nolan Ryan and it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

we will win the next 2.. Philly is gonna be tough but maybe will out slug em? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                    We could have had Nolan Ryan and it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever.
                    Yeah the bats never made it onto the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                      Nolan Ryan had a better chance of shutting them out, so I disagree.

Comment

What a boring baseball game for Marlins fans. Frustrating too I guess but they just got outplayed.

According to Rich, the Marlins are 2nd to last in hitting w/ RISP this season.

Comment

Yeah but does anyone really think that is gonna happen all year in Fenway.....OTOH the Marlins have a history of losing their way to plate with men in SP. It happened a lot last year too.
                          Fans have a history of complaining about how teams do with RISP. Like, every team's fans do it. As if the bases ought to be cleared every time runners get on base. There were 14 other teams in MLB who could have complained as much or more than Marlins' fans last year. Fish were just about MLB average in Avg. with RISP. Negatives create complaints, complaints are remembered, remembereds become history.

Comment

OTOH the Marlins have a history of losing their way to plate with men in SP. It happened a lot last year too.
                            Looking up verifiable statements before making them is fun!

In 2010, the Marlins had a .724 OPS for the season. They had a .756 OPS with RISP.

In 2009, they had a .756 OPS for the season. They had a .778 OPS with RISP.

We have a .247 BABIP with RISP right now. We are walking more with RISP. Power is down, but that's likely a result of the low BABIP. And we strike out only 1.5% of the time more often.

Unless someone sees something that the team as a whole is doing with RISP that is causing their struggles, I'm going to chalk it up to a bit of bad luck early on. If you do have an idea of what they're doing wrong, by all means, bring it up. I'm willing to look into it and see if there's anything to it. But until I see something concrete, it's just bad luck.

Runs like these happen during the course of the season. Just because it's happening at the beginning doesn't mean it's reflective of a teamwide failing.
                            poop

Comment

LeBron's presence raped their clutch genes

Comment

Working...
                              X