Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwin Rodriguez Has a Blog (And He Updates It Frequently)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a weekly show with Sedano on Wednesday. And I think either Mike Hill or Beinfest does as well every Tuesday.

Comment

Jackie Robinson was the person chosen carefully to break the color barrier in baseball. Although Roberto Clemente was not chosen to serve as a pioneer, he reached many milestones for Latin Americans, recognition could not have fallen into better hands.

Clemente was the first Latino to win the award for 'Most Valuable Player' in a regular season. Besides being the first to reach 3,000 hits over his career. He was the first Latino to be selected to 'Hall of Fame' and last but not least achieving this distinction without having to wait 5 years after retirement regulations for election to the Hall. Only two players in the history of the Hall of Fame have been exempt from this waiting period, Lou Gehrig and Roberto Clemente.

Since 1973 the Major League Baseball has recognized the contributions of Roberto to society and has established an annual award which is awarded to the major league baseball player that stands out for its humanitarian performance off the field of play.

The initiative is welcome but it is time to take the next step, the number 21 Clement should be retired in the same way that 42 of Jackie Robinson. All major league teams must retire the number 21 .

For some years now there is a movement led to this action. It's an uphill battle but if we unite and the right interests exert their power this could be done.

The Puerto Rican Baseball League and took the initiative and retired #21 a few years ago for all teams participating in local tournaments. I believe that if this idea were raised by the Caribbean Baseball Confederation this movement would be considered seriously by all the winter leagues.

Roberto Clemente once said, 'If you have the opportunity to achieve something for the benefit of those who come after you and you decide not to, you're wasting your time on earth' . Definitely he decided to do something and I am one of the beneficiaries.

I am sure that these words of Roberto transcend the sport and apply perfectly to all of us equally regardless of profession. To retire the 21. It is time!
      http://eldirigente-edwinrodriguez.bl...es-tiempo.html

Comment

Working...
      X