Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Bill Robinson?

Comment

I expect either a great start, a good one, an average one, a mediocre one, or a terrible one from Volstad tomorrow. I hope I'm right.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
        I expect either a great start, a good one, an average one, a mediocre one, or a terrible one from Volstad tomorrow. I hope I'm right.
        I'd expect either a mediocre one or a terrible one, considering he kinda sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I'd expect either a mediocre one or a terrible one, considering he kinda sucks.
          You're a ray of sunshine.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            You're a ray of sunshine.
            Just because I expect it doesn't mean it will happen.

I expect mediocrity from Volstad, just like I expect greatness from Josh Johnson. I'd say that's realistically fair.

Comment

Hopefully that the lasik fixed some underlying issue. Like, he left pitches up because he had tunnel vision.
              --------------------
              Also, I like the Nats unis.
              Last edited by Todd; 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

My brother told me that Volstad used to throw in the low to mid-90's in high school with excellent control. He walked like 3 guys his senior year.

Wonder whatever happened to that version of him...

Now he's just a "sinkerballer" who gives up too many HR's.

Comment

He has to pitch now.

Comment

You don't really have to paint the corners in high school when you can throw low-90's.

Comment

Two things this year that has surprised me the most is Coghlan does not look that bad out there. That catch today was rather awesome. And the "Bench + 3B" group does not look like complete assholes. I find both to be very good omens moving forward/

Comment

I'm saying though, he lost his velocity too. He'd probably be better if his velocity was better.

His fastball looks like batting practice. I'm surprised his #'s weren't worse last year, to be honest.

Comment

He wasn't pitching every five days for 6 months in high school either. It's easy to dial it up for one maybe two starts a week.

Comment

Volstad usually sits 91-92 with his fastball nowadays right?
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                              He wasn't pitching every five days for 6 months in high school either. It's easy to dial it up for one maybe two starts a week.
                              I was going to say, he definitely threw low-90's come game time. I've seen a start each from Mike Kelly, Ryan Harris, and Kyle Smith (all will be high draft picks) this spring and they each ramped it up to 95-96 in the pen but once they got into the game, they were all sitting 92 tops.

We have a sophomore on our team who does the same thing. Low 90's during his 'pens, mid to upper 80's during games.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                                I just checked and fangraphs says he's averaged low-90's every year in the big leagues.

Surprising to me because some nights it seems like he barely touches 88. Maybe that's just me, though.

But yeah, fangraphs basically has him as a 90-91 mph pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X