• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Mets Defeat Fish 6-4 To Give Marlins First Loss of 2011

Discuss.

Other than half of our bench, everyone Wes Helms'd tonight

Comment

Shades of last year...get a few runs early, sit on it and do nothing offensively for (most of) the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
        Shades of last year...get a few runs early, sit on it and do nothing offensively for (most of) the rest of the game.
        That happens when you have to start 2 bench players.
        poop

Comment

Ricky also gave up a lot of hard hit balls today.

Comment

That happens when you are Ricky Nolasco.

But as long as he spreads them out like today and keeps people off the basepaths, he's fine.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              That happens when you are Ricky Nolasco.

But as long as he spreads them out like today and keeps people off the basepaths, he's fine.
              Defense helped him a lot in the outfield.

Comment

Given that no pitcher really has much control over where a ball is hit to, that also happens.
                poop

Comment

I am really glad we kept Leo Nunez, instead of spending that money on a 3B...or something else.

How long until he loses the closers role and Clay Hensley takes over?

The Webb thing was partially Edwin Rodriguez fault for bringing him in in a situation to fail.

If Mike Dunn continues to dominate righties like that, that would be awesome. The Willie Harris 2B was a fluke. Wasn't even a terrible pitch, and it just found a hole, anyway.

Whatever.

One loss.

Coghlan looked alright in CF too. Much better than I expected, especially considering it's only the 2nd game of the season.

The subpar bench also did a good job tonight...aside from the professional.

Oh, and Infante kinda pissed me off because he owned us in those bottom of the 9th situations over the years, but whatever. He's still pretty cool and looks good, defensively.

Comment

Meant it more as a compliment to the outfield.

Comment

Also, Nolasco was lucky tonight. On a normal night of luck against a better team, it would've been a bad start.

Comment

I dislike when we lose to the Mets and really would prefer if we would refrain from doing so in the future.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

It was an abnormal night of luckiness

Comment

I was going to come here and say that people on MB.com want Leo traded already, and then someone from mb.com came and said he should be gone. Wee!
                            poop

Comment

This won't be popular, but Hanley looks like shit. I bet we could get a top notch bench for him

Comment

Working...
                              X