Dominguez Fractures Elbow; Out 6-8 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury: Dominguez Fractures Elbow; Out 6-8 Weeks

Terrible news for one of the game’s best third base prospects.

According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, Matt Dominguez fractured his left elbow earlier today when he was hit by a pitch during a minor league game.

Marlins president Larry Beinfest said a preliminary X-ray revealed a fracture at the tip of the elbow and that the 21-year-old was being sent to a doctor for further evaluation. There’s no immediate timeline for his return, but you’d have to think it would be a while.

Of course, Dominguez entered spring training with a chance to win the starting third base job with the Marlins, but was reassigned to minors last week after batting just .209 with 10 strikeouts over 43 at-bats this spring. Known as a skilled defender at third base, he was recently ranked as the Marlins’ No. 1 prospect by Baseball America.

UPDATE: According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dominguez will miss six to eight weeks.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...actures-elbow/

some have said it was his wrist

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      some have said it was his wrist
      I haven't read that at all?
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I'm Ron Bergundy?

Comment

You son of a bitch. I was going to make that exact post after his first response but I didn't want it to seem like I was trolling him since I'm responding to every stupid comment in the game chat.

Comment

I guess I'll just take it.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Out till June - Rotoworld wire splash

Comment

Working...
              X