Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Moments at Sun Life Stadium

c/o the Sun Sentinel

April 5, 1993: Charlie Hough throws the first pitch in Marlins history. The Marlins won their inaugural game over the Dodgers 6-3 in front of 42,334 fans.

Oct. 3, 1997: Robb Nen pitches a perfect ninth inning in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants, giving the Marlins their first ever postseason series win.

Oct. 26, 1997: Edgar Renteria's walk-off single in the 11th off Charles Nagy brings home Craig Counsell to clinch Game 7 of the World Series over the Indians.

June 21, 2002: With a third-inning single off Tigers' right-hander Steve Sparks, Luis Castillo extends his club-record hitting streak to 35 games, tied for the 11th longest in baseball history.

Sept. 1, 2003: The Sun Life Stadium crowd gives original Marlin Jeff Conine a standing ovation in his first at-bat after the Marlins acquired him from the Orioles. Conine filled in for the injured Mike Lowell and helped get the Marlins to the postseason.

Oct. 4, 2003: Jeff Conine throws out San Francisco's J.T. Snow trying to score the tying run from second in Game 4 of the NLDS. Snow plows into Pudge Rodriguez, who hangs on to the ball for the NLDS-clinching out.

Oct. 22, 2003: A crowd of 65,934 and Marlins players give Roger Clemens a standing ovation as he exits Game 4 of the World Series. It was thought that would be Clemens' last game.

Sept. 11, 2006: With his seventh-inning homer off the Mets' Royce Ring, Cody Ross became the first Marlin (second player) to go deep three times in a game at Sun Life.

June 9, 2008: Ken Griffey Jr. becomes the sixth member of the 600 home run club after depositing a Mark Hendrickson pitch into the right-field bleachers.

May 29, 2010: Pinch-hitter Ronny Paulino grounds out to third and Phillies right-hander Roy Halladay completes the 20th perfect game in baseball history.

Ridiculous to me that Conine getting a standing O is on there and Leiter's no hitter is not.
    Last edited by emkayseven; 03-30-2011, 12:45 PM.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I was in attendance for April 5, 1993 and October 4, 2003.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
      Ridiculous to me that Conine getting a standing O is on there and not Leiter's no hitter is not.
      Or Livan's NLCS performance in '97.
      Last edited by CrimsonCane; 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Or Beckett Game 5 of the NLCS

Okay, here's a game: what's everyone's Top 10 Moments at Sun Life?

Bonus points: Rank them in order
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
          for October 4, 2003.

I was there also and it's my best live sports moment ever.

Did you see me?

Comment

I did not see you. I was sitting upper deck behind home plate. But it was my favorite live sports moment too.

Comment

I was there on October 4 too! It was best. I was in the first row of club level right over left field so I was like right on top of Conine. I got lots of beer poured on me from the upper deck.

Comment

I was at the October 4 game too! Party! My favorite live sports moment was Florida/South Carolina 2006 though when Jarvis Moss blocked a field goal to win the game.

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                Ridiculous to me that Conine getting a standing O is on there and not Leiter's no hitter is not.
                Head explosion.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

you knew what I meant

Comment

It is ridiculous that Clemens' standing O is listed and not the game winning fucking world series walk off home run that happened in the same game.
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      It is ridiculous that Clemens' standing O is listed and not the game winning fucking world series walk off home run that happened in the same game.
                      Yeah, when I think of memorable moments at that stadium, that home run is one of the first things that come to mind. I didn't even remember that that was one of the years where Clemons fake retired.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I was at that game, so I remember both moments. But Seabass' home run > Clemens fake retirement.
                        poop

Comment

Miggy bombing one out on Clemens was a much better memory.

So dope watching him go oppo field after Clemens gave him the chin music.
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I didn't even clap for the Clemens "retirement" (lolz) walk off because I never thought for a second that he wouldn't be back (well, I was also carrying two huge, cold beers up the stairs in deep CF so I would have had to stop and put the beers down just to cheer for him).

Wow, a lot of us were at the NLDS game vs SFO. I was in the upper deck in the corner of RF about 20 rows up. I remember the weather was great that day.

Comment

I was there for the Clemens game too, but as I've said before, had to leave the game early before the walk off

Comment

Working...
                              X