No announcement yet.

Marlins Interested in Reacquiring Castillo [Luiy signs with Philly]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be totally against that. It would be like having Matty D, just sans the D.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      What about Brandon wood. Claim him and if he sucks see if he sneaks waivers. Anything.
      Was about to bring him up myself. Nothing to lose.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I'd love to bring Castillo back. However, he is going to be a defensive liability. It really negates what the FO did in the offseason and puts the infield back where it was at the start of last year. I'd prefer to throw someone like Ozzie or Boner up against the wall, watch them excel defensively and hope they stick offensively.

Comment

Castillo is apparently going to sign with Philly.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

That motherfucker.

Comment

The Phillies, uncertain about the condition of Chase Utley, are on the verge of signing second baseman Luis Castillo, according to a major- league source.

Castillo, released by the Mets, cleared waivers on Sunday afternoon.

The Phillies will pay him the major-league minimum $414,000 if he makes their club, with the Mets owing him the balance of his guaranteed $6 million salary.

Utley, suffering from a right-knee injury, is taking batting practice, but still not running. The Phillies are pleased with the play of their other utility infielders - Wilson Valdez, Peter Orr, Josh Barfield, Rule 5 pick Michael Martinez. But Castillo, a career .290 hitter, gives them a more proven option, albeit one who has lost significant range in the field.

The Phillies appeared to be the only legitimate option for Castillo.
              The Marlins had limited interest at the present time. The Cubs, another team reported to be in the mix for Castillo, did not show interest.

News of Castillo's agreement with the Phillies was first reported by CSNPhilly.com.
              Phillies to acquire Luis Castillo

Comment

Gross

Comment

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

That makes me a sanda panda.

Comment

Working...
                    X