X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top of the 8th in Chicago, 2003

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX8OwMeE2MQ[/ame]

someone re-uploaded it....

I remember before that inning, I just had it in my mind that it was over. I recall sobbing at the top of my stairs in-between innings and then coming down and watched it all unfold I was 13 at the time.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

my car got egg'd like no other up in Indiana after 6 and 7

having a Marlins plate probably didn't help either

Comment

But I assume that winning the game made the egging a tiny bit better?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

safe assumption

Comment

Thanks for the link. I hope it stays up for a bit so that I'll be able to send it to my Chicago friends during any sports-related discussions.

The next ESPN documentary from 30 for 30 is going to be about Bartman. Apparently, it's awesome but the creator needed more time, so it wasn't included in the original run.

That night was awesome.

Comment

One of my favorite parts about game 7 in 1997 and game 6 in 2003 is how the networks are doing the pre-celebration reminiscing and then the shit hits the fan.
              --------------------
              Also, that is a classic Luis Castillo AB. Start off 1-2 and then get to work. I love him.
              --------------------
              I love it...

Leiter as the pitch is being thrown to Mordi: "Good fastball hitter." Gun hits 95 MPH. Mordi connects.
              Last edited by Party; 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

no clue how Mordy's shot doesn't leave the park.... I thought that was headed out of the city

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  my car got egg'd like no other up in Indiana after 6 and 7

having a Marlins plate probably didn't help either

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Mike Mordecai was a legend. There will never be another like him.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                      Thanks for the link. I hope it stays up for a bit so that I'll be able to send it to my Chicago friends during any sports-related discussions.

The next ESPN documentary from 30 for 30 is going to be about Bartman. Apparently, it's awesome but the creator needed more time, so it wasn't included in the original run.

That night was awesome.
                      Looks like this is going to be in the Tribeca Film Festival, but no word on TV showings.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

The only fun story I have is, I got kicked out of a Bennigans when Kerry Wood hit that home run off fucking Mark Redman. I remember someone telling me "this is a family environment." I told them, there's nothing fucking family about a pitcher home run in game fucking 7 of the fucking NLCS.

I'm still mad, and we WON.

Comment

That has to be the best post of all time on SFM.

Comment

My dad went upstairs to make a sandwich when Castillo was batting. He heard what was going on and refused to come back downstairs, went in my room and watched the rest of the game to not mess with the mojo. He's not even a Marlins fan.
                            Last edited by HUGG; 03-15-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Yea, I walked into my friends room (as I was pacing alot).... once the Castillo at bat finished, I watched the rest of the inning watching on a small tv, instead of the big one in the living room.

Comment

Working...
                              X