Super Saturdays: Pitbull (:fip) and El Gran Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Saturdays: Pitbull (:fip) and El Gran Combo

The Florida Marlins announced today the highly-anticipated return of Baker Concrete "Super Saturdays" at Sun Life Stadium. Miami-born Cuban-American international superstar Pitbull will launch the 2011 Super Saturdays lineup on April 2 followed by Puerto Rico's Latin Grammy Award-winning salsa music orchestra El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico on April 23.

For the fifth-consecutive season, each of the 11 Saturday home games will be designated as a Super Saturday, consisting of a post-game concert featuring internationally-acclaimed recording artists, pregame activities at the Strike Zone for the entire family, and amazing fan giveaways. The concert and all other activities are free with each ticket purchased for the Marlins game that night; however, fans can enhance their "Super Saturday" experience by purchasing $25 VIP "Pit Passes" which provide on-the-field access for the post-game concert. In addition, the Marlins are featuring a special 16-game Super Saturday ticket plan, which includes discounted pricing on tickets to all 11 Super Saturdays, Opening Night (April 1), Closing Day (Sept. 28) and three additional games.

Baker Concrete Super Saturdays will feature pregame parties at The Strike Zone at Gate H including:

• Celebrity, player and alumni autograph sessions
    • Appearances from Billy The Marlin, Lil' Billy, the Mermaids and Manatees
    • Special prizes and live TV/radio broadcasts
    • Interactive giveaways for fans on specific Saturdays (full giveaways schedule available at marlins.com)

The first two acts of the 2011 Baker Concrete Super Saturdays are no strangers to the South Florida community:

April 2 - Pitbull

Miami-born Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, a.k.a. Armando Christian Pérez, is a chart-topping crossover star who has taken the Billboard Top 10 singles charts by storm with his recent string of hits including "On the Floor" with Jennifer Lopez, "I Like It" with Enrique Iglesias, "Hey Baby" featuring T-Pain, and "Bon Bon." Pitbull debuted on Lil Jon's 2002 album Kings of Crunk, after which he released his debut album in 2004 titled M.I.A.M.I. and hit singles "Culo" and "Toma." Pitbull released his sophomore album El Mariel in 2006, followed by The Boatlift in 2007. In 2009, Pitbull released his fourth album, Pitbull Starring in REBELUTION, which included his highest charting single ever "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" and follow-up top-10 hit "Hotel Room Service." Pitbull released a full-length debut Spanish-language album titled Armando last year and is expected to release his latest album, Planet Pit, sometime in 2011.

April 23 - El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico

Led by pianist and musical director, Rafael Ithier, El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico is one of Puerto Rico's greatest salsa music orchestras. Four decades after their inception, the 13-piece Latin Grammy Award-winning group continues to inspire dancers with its horn-punctuated Latin rhythms and lush vocal harmonies. Their 1984 album titled Breaking the Ice led to their first Grammy nomination. In 2002, El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico celebrated their 40th anniversary with two sold-out concerts at the Ruben Rodríguez Coliseum in Bayamón, Puerto Rico. This celebration spawned a renowned album that was recognized as one of the best of the year. A year later, they received a Grammy for Best Tropical Album. Among other musicians, they are one of the "enduring superstars of the island."

An official announcement regarding the remaining nine Super Saturday concerts will be coming soon. For more information on Baker Concrete Super Saturdays and to purchase tickets, visit www.Marlins.com/SuperSaturdays or call 1-877-MARLINS.
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...sp&vkey=pr_fla

Pitbull =

He will sell tickets.

Comment

Uhh a lot of people like pitbull Mr. Festa. You should know this.

Comment

That's the sad part.

Comment

I like some of his songs

Comment

The Rays had Train last year. Nothing we do could be worse than that.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              The Rays had Train last year. Nothing we do could be worse than that.
              False.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U[/ame]

Comment

"Hey Soul Sister" is worse.
                poop

Comment

Pitbul & Stapp collaboration in the making!

MARLINS WILL HIT DAT!
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    "Hey Soul Sister" is worse.

I could neg you. I'm not a train fan, by any means. But Hey Soul Sister is a catchy tune, and its totally about a blowjay.

Scott Stapp....ugh...

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                      I could neg you. I'm not a train fan, by any means. But Hey Soul Sister is a catchy tune, and its totally about a blowjay.

Scott Stapp....ugh...
                      I'll bold all of the horrific lyrics in that song:

Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains
                      I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I went and let you blow my mind
                      Your sweet moon beam, the smell of you in every single dream I dream
                      I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind

Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!
                      Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do...tonight
                      Hey, hey,hey

Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one-track mind like me
                      You gave my life direction, a game show love connection we can't deny
                      I'm so obsessed, my heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
                      I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna, and I'm always gonna wanna blow your mindHey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!
                      Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do...tonight

The way you can cut a rug, watching you's the only drug I need
                      You're so gangsta, I'm so thug, you're the only one I'm dreaming of
                      You see, I can be myself now finally, in fact there's nothing I can't be
                      I want the world to see you be with me
                      It's nonsense, and in the worst way possible, because you know this asshole totally thinks he's clever.

One of the guys, Espen, who's like a huge star in Norway, picked up a ukulele, and said, 'Hey, how about this?' I said, 'Are you (kidding) me?' And it made the difference. It made my words dance. It made sense. These words were meant to dance with ukulele and not guitar.
                      Fuck that song.

Also, Wikipedia is telling me the song was inspired by Burning Man, and Burning Man is fucking stupid too.

That song is worse than "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I thought it was impossible.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post

I'm downloading that and making it stadium music for the Marlins in The Show.

Comment

I went to a Rays game where they had Vanilla Ice and they gave me a t-shirt that said "Price, Price Baby!". I'm sure it was still superior to Pitbull.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_OEOGh1UVg[/ame]

Comment

That's a gapper.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                              X