Premium Section at New Ballpark is Sold Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Section at New Ballpark is Sold Out

MIAMI (AP) - A section of premium seats behind home plate in the Florida Marlins' new ballpark has sold out.

The Marlins said Monday that all 379 diamond club seats have been bought for when the team moves into the park next year. The team says a majority of dugout club seats behind the first- and third-base lines have been sold.

The Marlins have finished last in the NL in attendance for six consecutive seasons.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41954393

If you build it they will come?
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Too bad they will be filled with the same people who go to Heat games.

Comment

joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
        MarlinsBallpark: Championship Suites sold out for 2012 season. Due to overwhelming demand, #Marlins add two all-inclusive suites.
        I need to jump in on one of those last 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
          Too bad they will be filled with the same people who go to Heat games.

My first thought exactly.

By 2013 you'll see 4 people in the stands when they show the standard view of the pitcher from CF during the game.

Comment

As long as they are spending their money to buy them is really all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              My first thought exactly.

By 2013 you'll see 4 people in the stands when they show the standard view of the pitcher from CF during the game.
              Nah. The Heat had a lot of no shows before LeBron, but they sold a lot of seats. As long as the Marlins put together a decent team you will see most of those seats sold. New ballpark is going to be great for corporations. The Heat crowd has it's negatives, but they will be dropping major cash on the premium stuff.
              --------------------
              I went by the stadium tonight. It is so beautiful and so Miami.
              Last edited by Party; 06-24-2011, 01:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

How much will I be paying for seats for the opening series?
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Yes it is.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/te...tm?tm=mia&lg=n
                  --------------------
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2001

The lowest they have finished in the 2000s in paid attendance is 24th. Last year I remember that arena being empty when the Heat would play a bad team, but I guarantee the majority of the premium seating was sold.
                  Last edited by Party; 06-24-2011, 07:30 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Sandro, I've tried many times to get those seats behind the benches. They've been sold out since the Shaq trade.

Comment

Working...
                    X