Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Dominguez 2011: Can He Play? (early returns: no)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJC View Post
    Fixed.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

That's exactly what I posted.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Not sure if he's been mentioned or not, but what about Mark Teahen?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Playing in Jupiter with Lomo tonight. 1-3 so far.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

.906 OPS right now in 70+ PAs in AAA with good walk rate and average K rate. Figure if the team's still not hitting in the next 10 days, he gets the call, right?
            poop

Comment

I'd say they give it till July. Dobbs is one of the few guys who's hit this year. When he comes back down to earth and remembers he's Greg Dobbs, Dominguez will get the nod.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Watched his AB just now on MiLB.com. Singled on a sharp grounder through the right side.

I'm very interested in his progress, so I'll try to keep up with him and see if I can provide updates.
                poop

Comment

I really want to see his defense.

Comment

Get a MiLB.com account for like $10. Most AAA games are broadcast, it seems.

It's just a behind home plate view, pretty basic, but you can see it.
                    poop

Comment

They should include that in the MLB.tv package.

Comment

I am struggling to picture ++ defense when most scouting reports say he's a slug. My guess is top notch instincts and and hands but average to below average range. Does anyone remember how his arm profiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          I am struggling to picture ++ defense when most scouting reports say he's a slug. My guess is top notch instincts and and hands but average to below average range. Does anyone remember how his arm profiles?
                          Baseball Prospectus describes his defense thusly:

Any discussion of Dominguez begins with his glove, as most scouts label him the best defensive third baseman in the minors. He has outstanding instincts, reacts well, has soft hands, and a strong, accurate arm.
                          Mike Lowell was super slow, and he was pretty elite defensively.

one thing that works in Dominguez's favor is he's still super, super young. He's not going to lose whatever athleticism he does have for a while.
                          poop

Comment

Lowell was super slow. Maybe I'm over thinking it

Comment

Yeah. Ryan Zimmerman's not exactly a burner either.

Sure, being Chone Figgins is nice, but 3B is more about your instincts, reaction times, and arm than range.

It's possible the scouting reports are wrong, but everyone has always said he's a gold glove level defender. I'd be surprised if everyone is wrong.

Plus, top speed is totally irrelevant at 3B. If you've got a strong first step and great reaction times, you'll be fine.
                              poop

Comment

I am aware of all that. We'll see

Comment

Working...
                                X