Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Dominguez 2011: Can He Play? (early returns: no)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not. Even though having him in Triple-A for a few months really won't change much in my opinion.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I've never thought him starting the season with the Marlins was a good idea. He's not ready to hit big league pitchers yet. They'll eat him alive. With the way the offense looks, we really don't need another guy the equivalent of two pitchers batting 8 and 9.

Comment

But do you think having him in Triple-A for a few months will make a difference? I don't.

Comment

Yes, it will. Gives him every day AB's and gives him the chance to develop without the pressures of performing during a big league divisional race. If come July he's obiliterating AAA (and he won't be. he'll be at his usual .750 OPS), then fine, but starting him here is a mistake. He shouldn't be up here until next year anyway.

Comment

I'd rather him be in Double-A. He hasn't done anything to prove he deserves to go to Triple-A.

Comment

I don't want Matt up in the majors yet either. I know he's in a slump right now, but I have not seen much spark with him as of yet. He was basically handed the job, but he hasn't performed enough offensively. I would've though that he would be raking the ball considered he was given such an opportunity, but he has just shown that offensively he needs a bit more seasoning..

I'm not sure who I would put at 2B if Dominguez is sent down..

Murphy, Boni, Ozzie?

My favorite from the trio is Ozzie. I want Boni and Murphy as bench players, they give our bench huge value.

Comment

I don't think Murphy and Boner give our bench huge value but without them on our bench, it flat out sucks.

Matt should be starting in AAA and probably be there until August (when he typically starts hitting) unless he kills the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  I'd rather him be in Double-A. He hasn't done anything to prove he deserves to go to Triple-A.
                  You're not making any sense. You say a half of a year of AAA won't make a difference but half of a year at a lower level will?

He put up a .744 OPS in AA as a 20 year old which would be good enough to move up at face value. After considering that he started slow again, and then put up another big 2nd half, there's no way you can say that he hasn't proven himself in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    You're not making any sense. You say a half of a year of AAA won't make a difference but half of a year at a lower level will?

He put up a .744 OPS in AA as a 20 year old which would be good enough to move up at face value. After considering that he started slow again, and then put up another big 2nd half, there's no way you can say that he hasn't proven himself in AA.
                    They just usually put their top prospects in Double-A, bypassing Trips. In the PCL, his numbers may be a little bit inflated because of how the PCL is instead of the Southern League, which is more balanced.

Comment

I really want me some B. Wood.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

They just usually put their top prospects in Double-A, bypassing Trips. In the PCL, his numbers may be a little bit inflated because of how the PCL is instead of the Southern League, which is more balanced.
                        That is not true and he will face better pitching in AAA so that is where he should be.

Comment

A 4 ERA in the PCL is the equivalent of a 3 ERA in the Southern League.

Comment

but the pitchers in AAA are actual pitchers and veterans, not just "throwers" like AA

Comment

The issue is that the overall pitching talent in AA is not as good. He won't face a few top pitching prospects, but your average AA journeyman isn't as good as your average AAA journeyman. All things considered, he will face better, more experience pitching at the AAA level.
                              poop

Comment

Everyone already said this but yeah, AAA is still better than AA. You're ERA equivalences are also off but I understand your point.

You still haven't made any sense yet. You went from a few months of AAA is meaningless, to he doesn't deserve to go to AAA, to AA is better anyway, all in 3 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X