Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got more for Uggla than what we got for Miggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      We got more for Uggla than what we got for Miggy.
      No we didn't.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Utility man/stopgap 2B + reliever with some upside > 2 top 10 prospects + other pieces who had big league potential at the time the trade was made.
          ...Or not.

Saying that we got more for Uggla = only looking at each trade after the result.

At the time of each respective trade, we got way more for Cabrera; the trade just turned out to be terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Utility man/stopgap 2B + reliever with some upside > 2 top 10 prospects + other pieces who had big league potential at the time the trade was made.
            ...Or not.

Saying that we got more for Uggla = only looking at each trade after the result.

At the time of each respective trade, we got way more for Cabrera; the trade just turned out to be terrible.
            That's exactly how trades should be judged...

Comment

Not when the previous poster is asking if we would get more for Hanley than Miggy.

At the time of making the trade, you don't know what you're getting. All you know is that you got two top 10 prospects + for Miggy.

I interpret that question as: "can we get two top 10 prospects + for Hanley, at least?"

Comment

• I meant can we get more for Hanley than what we thought we were getting for Miggy?
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  I meant can we get more for Hanley than what we thought we were getting for Miggy?
                  If we can't, there's definitely no point in trading him.
                  And as of right now, I'd say no.

Comment

Bleh

Comment

• Don't really see how else to judge it.

Comment

• I think the way they were talking as if we could get 2 top 10 overall prospects in baseball and some other prospects as well for Hanley.

Comment

• Well yeah, they clarified that. I was making a point independent of his hypothetical.

Comment

Don't really see how else to judge it.
                            If the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall for two top-10 draft picks, most people would regard that as a good haul, even if both draft picks busted.

Kind of the same principal.

Comment

• I wasn't refuting that, but people can go back and revise that once you see what translated from those picks.

Comment

• Right, but people who do that and then say it was a bad trade are assholes.

Comment

Working...
                                X