Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anibal Sanchez the Key to Making the Postseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we gon need some cream cheese and bagels for these locks

/knows the spelling is dif

Comment

The key to this year is everyone playing to their potential. In 2009-2010 we were counting on everyone playing to potential and 4-5 guys having breakout years.

Comment

if everyone plays to their potential, we'll win 108 games

Comment

We'll still lose the division...

Comment

we prefer the wild card anyway

Comment

Leadership of Wes Helms is the key

Comment

The key is that Clay Hensley's arm doesn't fall of from overuse.

Comment

For every Clay Hensley we have 4 competent arms in the pen.

Comment

the key is todd betting on undesirable things because the opposite always happens

eat your fucking frog already
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      The key is that Clay Hensley's arm doesn't fall of from overuse.
                      Definitely not.

...Also, I fail to see why some are saying we don't have any SP depth.

The key to me is Mike Stanton. Will he be the 40+ HR hitter right away, or will he strike out so much that he becomes 2010 Mark Reynolds?

It's really impossible to predict what Stanton will do.

If he doesn't do well, our lineup is going to suck.

Comment

Yeah, replacing JJ = hard. Replacing the rest, not so much. Sanabia, Koehler, West, and who knows maybe Elih could be a surprise will all be in AAA, with Hand in AA. they're all probably ~4.5 ERA guys. The difference between them and the rest (who range from ~4 to 4.5 ERA guys). Same goes for the BP with how much depth we have in the minors.

Same goes for Gaby, infante, whoever we have else in the IF, probably logan and coghlan due to defensive defencies, buck if Baker is healthy....it's really Hanely and a superstar Stanton on offense

Comment

Yea.

I really don't see a drop off if we are throwing Sanabia and West 20 starts this year. Especially with the bullpen, which is presumably going to be able to eat a ton more innings and not embarrass themselves.

The keys to the postseason is getting probably 7-8 more guys to turn into well above average players (and a bench). We have two right now - Hanley and JJ. That's really it.

Nolasco becomes a legit 2?
                          Anibal , Javy, and Volstad become consistent 3s?
                          Stanton hits 35 bombs?
                          Buck jacks 25?
                          Morrison has a .400 OBP over 600 PA?
                          Coghlan hits like second half rookie year?
                          Dominguez wins gold glove and jacks 15-20?
                          Dunn turns into Matt Thornton instantly?

Is there any other "breakout" potential on this team? I don't think Gaby, Infante, or any other bat has any breakout potential into a real gem. The relievers kind of are who they are besides Dunn who is the wild card. We'll be real good if all of that happens, but I mean, all of that has to happen if this team expects to have a +100 run differential and real contending year.

Comment

Working...
                          X