2011 Jersey Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Jersey Numbers

Since I am sure I'm not the only one that cares.

Marlins updated roster numbers
    A new season means some new faces in Spring Training along with some new numbers.

As a refresher for the upcoming season, Marlins fans may want to check out the roster page on marlins.com for the latest updates. For instance, first baseman Gaby Sanchez no longer is wearing No. 14. Instead, he has switched to No. 15.

John Buck, the club's new catcher, will be wearing No. 14.

In the offseason, the Marlins made several significant free agent signings as well as trades.

Omar Infante, obtained from Atlanta in the Dan Uggla trade, will be wearing No. 13. Uggla's old No. 6 is now being worn by catcher Brad Davis.

Javier Vazquez will be No. 23, while Randy Choate isNo. 35. Other newcomers and their numbers are Edward Mujica (34), Ryan Webb (58) and Dustin Richardson (24).

Along with new numbers, one Marlin on the 40-man roster will be at a new position. Chris Hatcher, formerly a catcher, is switching to pitching.

Hatcher, the Marlins' fifth-round pick in 2006, pitched a little in college at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He also has thrown a couple of innings at the Minor League level.

At Double-A Jacksonville last year, Hatcher made one appearance, and he collected the win.

The Marlins also have added two more non-roster invitees to Spring Training -- outfielders Jorge Padilla and Alex Romero.

-- Joe Frisaro

Guess Gaby "earned" 15. They used to not let players wear it because it was McKeon's.

And thank you for the update, I love this kind of stuff.
    --------------------
    To add to that: Brad Davis has switched from 58 to 6.

And Scott Cousins from 28 to 33.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 01-20-2011, 09:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

You love this stuff?

Comment

There are people who are very interested in the numbers the players wear.
        poop

Comment

I love it; I'm a jerseyphile

Comment

Vazquez has the number Andrew Miller had. Hopefully he pitches better inthe number than Miller did.

Comment

Not mentioned, but Mike Dunn also has a new number. #40.

Comment

Yes, I do love this stuff and actually kinda look forward to seeing it every year. Yea I'm a dork.

Comment

That's beyond being a dork. That's the most arbitrary shit to love, ever. Like someone who loves watching the neighbors get new carpet installed

/e-bully

Comment

Mainge do not hate on me because of it. At least I'm not a Brad Hand fan.

Comment

I love this stuff too.

/show of solidarity
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

You can love whatever you wish to love, just don't expect me to take this sitting down.

And yeah, at least you're not a fan of our best pitching prospect who throws filth from left side. Wouldn't want to be a fan of that.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                        I love this stuff too.

/show of solidarity
                        You would.

Swift! How could you align yourself with the likes of these fellas? Maybe people would actually listen to the podcast if you guys fought or something.
                        Last edited by Mainge; 01-20-2011, 12:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Well look at that, those fellas have numbers on their backs. I LOVE IT!!!!

I think that's what Mainge thinks is weird.

because he said thats what he thinks is weird

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            You can love whatever you wish to love, just don't expect me to take this sitting down.

And yeah, at least you're not a fan of our best pitching prospect who throws filth from left side. Wouldn't want to be a fan of that.
                            --------------------

You would.

Swift! How could you align yourself with the likes of these fellas? Maybe people would actually listen to the podcast if you guys fought or something.
                            I'm a fan of Chad James?

Comment

I like Chad James but Brad Hand put up better numbers at a higher level. Weirdo

Comment

Working...
                              X