This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Reach Impasse in Talks with Nolasco

The Florida Marlins and right-hander Ricky Nolasco have arrived at a stalemate in negotiations for a long-term contract, major-league sources told FOXSports.com.

The impasse sets up a number of possibilities for Nolasco, who was 14-9 with a 4.51 ERA in 26 starts this year:

-- The Marlins and Nolasco agree on a one-year deal.

Nolasco, 28, is still in his salary-arbitration years, so the Marlins could simply allow that process to play out and retain his rights through 2012. He’s due to receive a raise on the $3.8 million he earned this year.

-- The sides compromise and sign a long-term pact.

There is still plenty of time for the parties to reach agreement. They have been exchanging three-year proposals, sources say.

-- The Marlins trade Nolasco.

Florida could deal Nolasco and still have a formidable five-man rotation: Josh Johnson, Anibal Sanchez, Javier Vazquez, Chris Volstad and Alex Sanabia, who had a 3.73 ERA in 15 games (12 starts) as a rookie this year.

Clubs have been calling the Marlins in recent days to express interest in Nolasco, sources said. While it’s not clear which teams have contacted the Marlins, it’s well-established that the New York Yankees, Milwaukee Brewers and Washington Nationals have been active in the trade market for starting pitchers.
    http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m..._talks/3816114

I wouldn't mind an extension, then again, I wouldn't mind them trade Ricky. It was the same way with Uggla for me.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

2:15pm: In a comment to MLBTR, Nolasco's agent Matt Sosnick said, "Ricky is still hopeful that a deal can be reached for him to stay in Florida. We remain optimistic that something can be worked out with the team. We don't see it as an impasse, just the normal course of discussions. Anyone who says we hit a stalemate is reading too much into it."
      MLBTR

Comment

Doesn't every player/agent say this at this point in the negotiation?

Comment

Essentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfella View Post
            Doesn't every player/agent say this at this point in the negotiation?
            Nope.

Some guy named Matt Sosnick has been known to say things like, we have reached an impasse and THE MARLINS WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO SIGN THIS GUY AND WE WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH THEM AGAIN AND IT IS SAD THAT THEY HAVE NO CHANCE TO SIGN HIM BUT WE WILL HAVE TO PLAY ELSEWHERE.

Not sure if that Sosnick guy represents other players besides Josh Johnson though

Comment

Fuck that guy.

Comment

Sosnick represented Dontrelle too. I'm sure he has other clients as well.

Comment

I know it. I was just saying, since he represents Nolasco and did his dumb shit with JJ, that not every agent says the same thing every time

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                    I know it. I was just saying, since he represents Nolasco and did his dumb shit with JJ, that not every agent says the same thing every time
                    Sosnick said they would never negotiate again (referring to Johnson)? I don't remember that.

Comment

You don't remember Sosnick being a gigantic turd during the Johnson negotiations last year? Def happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                        You don't remember Sosnick being a gigantic turd during the Johnson negotiations last year? Def happened.
                        No I remember him being a douche; just not to that extent.

Comment

http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...hlight=sosnick
                          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                          Tom Koehler(4-0)
                          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

And I was the one that posted it to top it off.

Comment

Marlins about to sign him to a 3 year deal

Comment

Working...
                              X