Remembering the 1998 Florida Marlins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering the 1998 Florida Marlins.

People always like to talk about the 1993 inaugural season, the championship seasons of 1997 and 2003, and even sometimes talk about the 2006 season a little. Nobody ever seems to bring up the 1998 season, which was every bit as special as the other ones that everyone is always bringing up. My favorite player from that team was Kevin Orie. He signed my baseball.

Why exactly was that season special?
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

because they lost 108 games

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny View Post
        Why exactly was that season special?
        From a broader perspective... I guess if you were a fan in 1998-1999, you'll always be a fan
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
          From a broader perspective... I guess if you were a fan in 1998-1999, you'll always be a fan
          I was a huge fan in 1999. Those were actually fun times as a Marlins fan in a weird way.

Comment

I <3'd Todd Dunwoody

Comment

I can remember 1998 was the first time I heard the term 'firesale'...oh those were fun days.

Comment

Three words - Kirt Stanley Ojal

Comment

Ojala.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    I was a huge fan in 1999. Those were actually fun times as a Marlins fan in a weird way.
                    You got to find grossly obscure players to attach yourself to, it was endearing baseball. Crappy, poorly played baseball, but endearing nonetheless.

I was a Jesus Sanchez guy, myself but those teams had some fun players to watch.
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

Michael Tejerable.

Comment

Armando Almanza

Comment

Fucking Bud Selig took our only All-Star Game away. I hate that man to this day for that. Still no promise of one even with the new stadium. They have awarded up to 2015 already I believe ???? That is ridiculous. Colorado got theirs in what ? Lilke 2000 ? Didn't AZ already have one too ? Or is it for next year ? Fuck you Selig and your hatred & loathing of the Marlins and our fans.

That is all I remember about that time frame> Bud Selig hurting Marlins fans for a firesale that wasn't their fault.
                          Last edited by Emperor; 12-19-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Calm down. The Marlins are bidding for 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyBowden View Post
                              I can remember 1998 was the first time I heard the term 'firesale'...oh those were fun days.
                              You learn young with these folks
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

Working...
                              X