Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Expressing Interest in Edgar Renteria

Interest in bringing Edgar back?
    It appears the Marlins have interest in bringing back Edgar Renteria.

The 35-year-old, who delivered the World Series-winning base hit for Florida in 1997, reportedly is considering the Marlins, Cardinals or returning to the Giants. A decision could be made soon, as Renteria is figuring out the best fit.

In recent days, speculation is that Renteria is leaning towards going back to San Francisco, where he was the MVP of the 2010 World Series.

But if the Marlins offer a better opportunity, he may opt to return where his career started.

The Giants are reportedly offering about $1 million, a figure the Marlins likely could match.

If the Marlins added Renteria, he likely would provide insurance at third base if prospect Matt Dominguez doesn't make the team out of Spring Training.
    http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/archiv...edgar_bac.html
    Fine by me as I want Doming to get more time in the minors.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

ORLANDO -- Edgar Renteria understands the best part of his major league career is over and baseball is a business, but he still hoped for better treatment from the San Francisco Giants after helping the team to the World Series in October.

San Francisco offered a one year, $1 million contract to the 2010 World Series MVP.

"That offer from the Giants was a lack of respect. A total disrespect," Renteria told ESPNdeportes.com Thursday from Colombia.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5928384

Comment

I'm told by 2 sources that Edgar Renteria's name has not come up in discussions by #Marlins front office. Neither has Mike Cameron's name
      http://twitter.com/joecapMARLINS/sta...04378581573632

Comment

Good. Because Renteria can only hit lefties these days, and Bonifacio and Helms are already better at that.

We need someone with a little bit of power that can handle some time at 3B. Not Renteria.

Comment

Problem is, outside of Jorge Cantu, no one is really available.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
            Problem is, outside of Jorge Cantu, no one is really available.
            I know some people here would flip, but I have no problem with that. He is a great rebound candidate, is still 29, even if he is a butcher defensively he'd be able to be pulled or moved to 1B with the "Gaby Shuffle," and, he'd be pretty god damn cheap. $1 million? Whose giving him more than that. He'd be pretty solid (much better than Lamb or Tracy) over 300-400 PA and give Dominguez all the time he needs.

And I think Willy Aybar also fits this role.

Comment

big fan of bringing cantu back as a placeholder

also really wish we'd discuss mike cameron
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Mike Cameron was born in Georgia. Discuss.

Comment

I want no part of Cantu.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    I want no part of Cantu.
                    x2.

Comment

why?

question
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Cantu fell apart last year.

Comment

And he blows all over the map. He sucks to the highest level of suckitude.

Comment

I also wish we would discuss Mike Cameron.

Comment

Where did Capozzi even get the Cameron speculation from? I never even heard anything about it until now.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              And he blows all over the map. He sucks to the highest level of suckitude.
                              The thing is, I don't think there's any way Cantu could possibly suck more than what we already have over there (excluding Dominguez because we haven't seen him yet). At least Cantu had a couple of solid seasons here. I wouldn't mind giving him another opportunity if he came very cheap.
                              Last edited by Valid; 12-17-2010, 04:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X