Combined, assuming everyone makes 30 starts and same IP/GS: 3.49, 3.77
    737 IP
    14.62 WAR via FIP
    11.83 WAR via ERA

Javy's #'s from last 6 years in NL: 3.45, 3.72
    Combined: 3.36, 3.73
    747.7 IP
    16.15 WAR via FIP
    something around 15 WAR via ERA (/lazy moment)

Halladay: 3.03, 2.61
    Lee: 2.86, 3.21
    Hamels: 3.69, 3.68
    Oswalt: 3.50, 3.40
    Combined: 3.25, 3.20
    816.3 IP
    18.9 WAR via FIP
    something around ^ WAR via ERA (/lazy moment)

Bring it the FUCK on pussies. Stop being bitches, I AINT SCARED. We had one of the best rotations in baseball last year with fucking Nate Robertson as our 5th starter until injuries wrecked us in the face. Who cares that they added Cliff Lee. "It's not fair!" BOO FUCKING HOO we're going to smash their faces in and piss on their skulls. So their top 4 is a bit better, so they have two of the best SP in baseball. We also have the better #5 (Kyle Kendrick! ), better SP depth (Sanabia, West, Hand, Koehler all saying HEY-O in the minors), and better bullpen so the main advantage that their SP goes deeper in games don't mean as much when our bp can handle the rest of the game.

Comment

I was gonna respond but Erick said it all
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Honestly, it's really just Cliff.

JJ wipes out Halladay. Nolasco and Hamels are both volatile with crazy upside when on. Vazquez, assuming a revival, is maybe a tick below Oswalt. Not exactly spring chickens. And then, Cliff Lee is just awesome and Anibal is ok.

And we do have better 5th starters, bullpen, and depth. But, I'd still rather have Cliff than those improvements.

All I know is, our 5 rookie and 2nd year players better all hit immediately or we are topping out at low 80s wins. I don't see how this really changes things for the Marlins to much.

Comment

Nny is rallying the troops, here
          CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm not ready to say we have a better bullpen. On paper, yes, but this is a bullpen we're talking about. In December, having four guys that can go deeper into games than ours is a significant advantage to overcome.

Comment

I hadn't seen this thread yet nny when I asked you how many wins the trade would cost us in the Cliff Lee thread.

From a completely non-scientific stand point I'm guessing the trade will cost us 2 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
                I'm not ready to say we have a better bullpen. On paper, yes, but this is a bullpen we're talking about. In December, having four guys that can go deeper into games than ours is a significant advantage to overcome.
                I know relievers are volatile, but better is better. The Marlins have a better bullpen.

Also, a big part of bullpens is having more flexibility and depth; the Marlins have more of that, as well.

Without a doubt, we have the better bullpen.

Comment

Alright lets do this...LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOYYYY JEEEEENNNNNKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNNSSSSSSS

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/ame]

Comment

Fun exercise! (the names dont match up to eras in order, but they are all right)

Cahill, Gio, Anderson, Braden
                      Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Sanchez
                      Roy, Roy, Cliff, Cole

3.23, 2.97, 3.50, 2.80 - oakland
                      3.14, 3.43, 3.07, 3.00 - san fran
                      2.61, 3.21, 3.68, 3.40 (nnys numbers)

Cool. Phillies best rotation ever. Besides the 2010 California Bay Area.
                      Last edited by lou; 12-14-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        I hadn't seen this thread yet nny when I asked you how many wins the trade would cost us in the Cliff Lee thread.

From a completely non-scientific stand point I'm guessing the trade will cost us 2 wins.
                        Not going through the intricacies of things like effect on bullpen.

Going by Fangraphs method (Using FIP), past 3 years Blanton has been worth 2 WAR a year and Lee has been 6.5-7, so that's 4.5-5 more wins.

Going by Baseball-Reference method (Using ERA), Blanton has been worth on average 1 (0.7, 2.7, -0.7) and Lee has been worth 5.5 on average (7.3, 5.0, 4.3), so still a 4.5 win difference

So, something like 4-5 wins if they continue to pitch as they have past 3 years. Probably a bit more considering Lee goes into more games so better BP arms in games he pitches.

Comment

Working...
                        X