No announcement yet.

Dave Van Horne is Headed to Cooperstown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does he really carry a copy of the 94 Expos roster in his wallet?

Comment

what's wrong with having a love affair with the '94 Expos?

Comment

Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
        Does he really carry a copy of the 94 Expos roster in his wallet?
        yes, he really does
        --------------------
        “When that season was over,” Van Horne said last week from Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., “I put the names and statistics of all the players from that team on a piece of paper, about two inches by two inches and I’ve carried it in my wallet ever since.”
        http://www.thesuburbannews.ca/content/en/2058
        --------------------
        A couple innings in, he turned to me and said, “Can I show you something?” Dave reached into his wallet and pulled out a laminated index card. On it was the entire 25-man roster of the 1994 Expos.
        http://jonahkeri.com/2010/12/08/dvh-hall-of-fame-bound/
        Last edited by emkayseven; 12-11-2010, 01:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Other than madman who did I attack in this thread? MK7 called DVH "the worst" and I did not agree. Yeah that's some crazy shit.

GorillaFace got my post completely wrong and then came back with:

I mean, I can't stress just how completely wrong he got my post. Maybe I worded it poorly (I've been known to do that).

It's totally cool that people don't like DVH. But I can't wrap my brain around how he can be considered the worst. Do you guys listen to other broadcasters from around the country? How does DVH compare to Rich Waltz and Tommy?

I attack madman because he brings nothing to this website. He trolls around the forum picking his spots to post one liners that attempt to paint the poster in a negative light. Fuck that guy.
          lolumad

Comment

I mean, the guy is going to the Hall of Fame and there's nothing we can do about it. But mk is spot on here - the guy can't give the score to a game he's calling! And you don't even have to compare him to Vin Scully to know the dude's got nothing. Flip the station from 790 down to 710 (if you speak both languages) and the difference between the two booths is comparable to the difference in talent between Hanley Ramirez and Omar Infante.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

So you're admitting that Dave Van Horne cares more than Felo, though, right?
              poop

Comment

This thread has gotten off topic, and for some reason I now have the desire to eat one of my very own turds just to prove how passionate I am in regard to this subject matter.

Comment

I want to meet Gorillaface.

And hug him.

Or maybe Hugg him.

Comment

yawn

Comment

Working...
                    X