• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    Yea, he's in the running for worst. Not a fan at all. Congrats though
    This is for me

Comment

I must be the only Dave Van Horne fan on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        dgriot, Swift has not posted in this thread.
        I just remember Swift's stance last time there was a DVH discussion, and I wholeheartedly agreed with it. Lemme bring it up.

Originally posted by Swift View Post
        I like DVH in general. I think he calls the game on the radio in a soothingly classic fashion. I do not like that he is very bad about giving updates on game situations (IE, runners on first and third, swinging third strike) and I agree he is atrocious at giving the score.

I think it comes down to what you prefer. If you want to "listen to baseball" DVH is very good. If you want to "hear the game" DVH is not very good.
        Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by dgriot View Post
          I just remember Swift's stance last time there was a DVH discussion, and I wholeheartedly agreed with it. Lemme bring it up.
          Good memory, dg.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
          I must be the only Dave Van Horne fan on the planet.

Last edited by Namaste; 12-08-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's all about Felo

Congrats to DVH, though. Rich Waltz is obviously next.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny View Post
              It's all about Felo

Congrats to DVH, though. Rich Waltz is obviously the worst.

Yap.

Comment

Can we get Beef to be Rich's presenter at the induction ceremony?

Comment

Love DVH. Especially compared to the amateur hour that is our tv broadcast. I've synched gameday audio with mlb.tv many a time.

Of course, I've also watched entire half innings with the benny hill theme on a loop before so what do I know.

Comment

I miss the Yacketysax Nine sometimes.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I don't even know what to say about this.... Between him, Andre Dawson, and Tony Perez, the Florida Marlins must lead MLB in unworthy HOF inductees associated with an organization. His voice is soothing, I guess. I wouldn't mind hiring him to read to me if I was really sick in the hospital or something- but he can't keep track of what the hell is going on in a game. I don't want my radio baseball announcer telling me stories about how a bottle of Coke was a nickel when he was a kid, or what shade of gray the opposing team is wearing. And the whole time he is rambling on about whatever the hell happens to come to his mind at the time- everyone listening has to guess what is happening based on the faint sound of a bat hitting a ball, or by the reaction of a crowd of 6,302 people. He is a senile fool with ADD. He should be announcing golf. He could tell all the damn stories he wants while they are down on the ground planning their putts for 8 minutes at a time. I guess Benito Santiago, Ryan Bowen, Eric Owens, and Russ Mormon will be next to be enshrined. This is an outrage!

Comment

lol

Comment

i'm with gorillaface
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

yea, that was a wonderful rant

Comment

Russ Morman. Excellent.

Comment

Those guys won't be enshrined

Comment

Working...
                                X