Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Van Horne is Headed to Cooperstown

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,6432689.story

Lake Buena Vista – Dave Van Horne is headed to Cooperstown.

Wednesday, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum announced the Marlins Get your Marlins Tickets now! and long-time Expos broadcaster is the 2011 recipient of the Ford C. Frick award, presented annually for broadcasting excellence.

Van Horne will be honored during Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown, N.Y., July 22-25. He is the second Marlins broadcaster to win the award, joining Spanish-language play-by-play man Felo Ramirez. Entering his 43rd season in broadcasting, Van Horne also is the second Frick award winner to have called games for a Canadian team, joining 2009 honoree Tony Kubek.

Van Horne joined the Marlins broadcast team in 2001. Before that he was a fixture in Montreal, where he called games on radio and television since the franchise's 1969 inaugural season.

I hope he stays there

He is the worst
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Dave Van Horne is definitely not the worst. He may not be the best but to say he is the worst is dumb.

Comment

Very dumb.

Comment

The MAAAARlins wearing their.....HWITE uuuuniforms with the...blackPINstripes running up and down, as pinstripes do
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

His voice is the best, but he can't tell the difference between a pop fly and an upper deck home run.
            poop

Comment

In this HUGElyimportant game the MAAAAAARlins have been playing well at some points and not so well at others. I'm not going to tell you the score though
              --------------------
              I know people out there don't know the score but rather than giving details about the game I'm going to tell a story that spans three innings okay?!?!
              Last edited by emkayseven; 12-08-2010, 01:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I always lol at the articles posted and the "get your tickets now" is still in there after it says Marlins.

Comment

Stay there and take Gefner <sp?> with you.
                  This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                  Edmonton Ice Bats
                  2007 Teal League Wildcard
                  2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                  2010 Teal League Wildcard
                  2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Not a fan of his at all.

Comment

Yea, he's in the running for worst. Not a fan at all. Congrats though

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        His voice is the best, but he can't tell the difference between a pop fly and an upper deck home run.
                        Exactly.

MK7 making fun of the way he talks just tells me he doesn't have the slightest clue as to what a good radio voice is.

Comment

Well, I'm slightly inclined to side with MK7. I really don't enjoy listening to him. His voice can't make up for the fact that he doesn't really give you an idea of what's going on in the game.
                          poop

Comment

I side with Swift.
                            Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Well, I'm slightly inclined to side with MK7. I really don't enjoy listening to him. His voice can't make up for the fact that he doesn't really give you an idea of what's going on in the game.

I took most of MK7's posts as sort of mocking his voice. I'm well aware that DVH is below average in scoring updates. But to say he doesn't have a great baseball voice is ridiculous.

I've never listened to a DVH and not known what is going on for an extended period of time. Whatevs. We've had this disussion before. He sucks.

dgriot, Swift has not posted in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X