The Pin Man Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pin Man Has Died

MENDEZ, LOUIS SR., 70, of Miami Lakes passed away on December 2, 2010 at St. Catherine's Hospice. Louis had been battling pulmonary fibrosis for over 4 years. Louis was born November 4, 1940 in Puerto Rico. After moving to Brooklyn, NY as a teenager, he married Isabel Jimenez and raised a family of 3 boys: Louis Jr., Anthony, and Victor. Louis and his family moved to Miami Lakes in 1983 where he has resided for the past 27 years. He is survived by his wife, 3 sons, and 8 grandchildren: Nicholas, Kevin, Anthony Jr, Michael, Jonathan, Danielle, Monique, and Brandon, all of which he proudly had tattooed on his left bicep. Louis may be better known to some as The Pin Man. He was an annual season ticket holder and a super-fan for the Florida Marlins. He would wear his pin-filled leather vest to every home game. The wake will be held on Sunday December 5, 2010 from 5 to 11 P.M. at Bernardo Garcia Funeral Home, 865 West 49th Street, Hialeah. The funeral mass will be on Monday, Dec 6 at 10 A.M. at Mother of Our Redeemer Catholic Church 8445 NW 186 St. Miami. Burial will follow at Our Lady of Mercy cemetery in Doral. Donations to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation. View this Guest Book at www. MiamiHerald.com/obituaries.

Published in The Miami Herald on December 5, 2010
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/her...#ixzz17IYSnKTN

This is terrible. RIP.

RIP. Never spoke with him but I feel like I know him because I've seen him so many times over the years.

Comment

Shucks. I feel bad that he'll never get to see the Marlins in their own stadium.
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

RIP to one of the best Marlins' fans in the world
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

That's a shame.

Comment

RIP.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
            X