Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Fish Can't Beat the Natinals But They Smoke the Phils 6-4

Discuss

West altho struggled managed to keep the damage to a min. NJ had an adventure in the field and tomm we break out the brooms!

Comment

Great win despite looking like the Natinals for the first four innings.

Comment

West looks just like he did when we sent him down but the bullpen did a great job.

Also, Cody has become a homer machine. And CC with the multiple hit games is win.

Comment

2/3 of the way to the sweep. Tomorow we finish it off.
          I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac!

Comment

PHILADELPHIA -- Gradually, the Marlins are chipping their way back into contention.

Powered by Cody Ross' two-run homer and Chris Coghlan's solo homer and two RBIs, the Marlins rallied to a 6-4 win over the Phillies in front of 45,086 at Citizens Bank Park.

In its most crucial series of the season, Florida has taken the first two games to close to within five games of Philadelphia in the National League East. Ace Josh Johnson takes the mound in Sunday's finale.

Ross went deep for the second successive game, and his 20th shot of the season was a big one. It was a two-run drive to left field off Cole Hamels, giving the Marlins a 4-3 lead in the sixth. Ross, who had 22 homers last year, is the fifth Florida player to record at least back-to-back 20-plus homer seasons.

Coghlan opened the game with his second career leadoff homer. Turning on a 3-2 Hamels offering, Coghlan went deep to center. The other leadoff homer for the rookie came on July 17 at Land Shark Stadium. It also was off Hamels.

Coghlan tied a Marlins record for consecutive multi-hit games. Now with seven, he matches Juan Pierre (twice in 2004) and Miguel Cabrera ('06).

Sean West, the 23-year-old rookie left-hander, rejoined the rotation for the first time since July 11. He ran up a high pitch count, and exited after four-plus innings, giving up three runs, with two earned. West's night ended after Ryan Howard opened the fifth with a double. He threw 93 pitches.

The Marlins added two runs in eighth off Chan Ho Park. Jeremy Hermida had a pinch-hit RBI single, and Coghlan's run-scoring single made it 6-3.

In the ninth, the Phillies scored a run off Leo Nunez, who was able to record his 11th save.
            Marlins rally, trim Phils' East lead to five

Comment

I wouldnt say a 6-4 win is a smoking. And I think the no "o" joke has worn out considering they just swept us and are the hottest team in baseball outside of NY.

Good win though.

Comment

Im really happy we have JJ on the mound tomorow. But he has to face Moyer. This might be a real low scoring game.
                I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac!

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                  I wouldnt say a 6-4 win is a smoking. And I think the no "o" joke has worn out considering they just swept us and are the hottest team in baseball outside of NY.

Good win though.

Lots of things in life get old. Defending people who have a sub .300 OBP gets old too. Oh wellz.
                  --------------------
                  Cantu saved a run which makes his recent offensive woes a little easier to stomach and Hermida's hit with Paulino on the move with the full count was huge.

Nunez got torched pretty good in the 9th but in his defense he was facing the meat of their lineup.
                  Last edited by Namaste; 08-08-2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

this team is utterly perplexing, but mesmerizing to watch

Comment

This team doesn't make sense to me anymore, we got swept by the Natinals, so maybe that means that now we'll pwn Jamie Moyer.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Dont know if anyone noticed but i correctly predicted the score the the game thread. Go me.
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                        X