Heath Bell May Be on the Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Bell May Be on the Market

Ken_Rosenthal: Teams with poss interest in #Padres' Bell: #WhiteSox, #Angels, #Rangers, #Marlins, #Cardinals, #BlueJays, #Rays. Affordable for 1 yr. #MLB

Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #Padres "absolutely" will trade Heath Bell. One yr left in arb, $4M last yr. FA closers avail include Soriano, Jenks. #MLB
    /Twitter

I would die a happy man.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Ken_Rosenthal: Second source offers completely different view on H. Bell, saying it's "highly unlikely" #Padres will move him this off-season. MORE #MLB
      /Twitter

Comment

Ken covering his ass!
        --------------------
        My sources tell me that Upton will get traded but I have other sources telling me Upton will not get traded. I'll probably be right either way.
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-04-2010, 10:29 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Heath Bell?

Teams with poss interest in #Padres' Bell: #WhiteSox, #Angels, #Rangers, #Marlins, #Cardinals, #BlueJays, #Rays. Affordable for 1 yr. #MLB
          http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

Any way the Marlins can make a deal for Bell and fit him into the payroll?

EDIT: Didn't realize this was posted in another thread. My bad.

Comment

Really, the only way we could do Heath bell is if we trade Leo and raise payroll to $60 mil, unless we trade Ricky or something.
            poop

Comment

We need a center fielder too and I hear they have Cameron Maybin.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                We need a center fielder too and I hear they have Cameron Maybin.
                Mujica and Webb for Maybin. Get it done.

Comment

That's too much for him.

Comment

This would be awesome.

Comment

To put this pipedream to rest.

Padres GM Jed Hoyer, talking to reporters including SI's Jon Heyman, said the Adrian Gonzalez trade does not represent a firesale and Heath Bell will be the team's closer in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        To put this pipedream to rest.
                        Dumb move by the Padres. What's the point for them of keeping Bell? They have no chance of competing in '11.

Comment

Probably will move him at the deadline.

Comment

I'd be surprised if he finishes 2011 with them; rent-a-closers always bring a ton in-season.

Comment

And I'm not trying to give up our already weak system for a half a season for him. It's not like when we traded for Urbina when we had Stokes as well as Gonzo.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                              X