Marlins Sign Ruben Gotay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Ruben Gotay

#Marlins sign veteran 3B Ruben Gotay. Hard to believe he's still just 27. Led PCL in walks last year, hit .297/.430/.477 vs. Triple-A RHPs.
    http://twitter.com/eddymk/status/10463181029769217

I like this.

I always wondered when our next Dallas McPherson would come along

Comment

Except Gotay is really not like McPherson at all.

Comment

Burned out infielder that was shitty in the bigs and has been successful in AAA? People still think he has potential? Okay, so he hits switch instead of lefty, but it's close enough.

Oh wait, I forgot that he's Latin. You can't compare two players if they aren't of the same nationality.

Comment

He strikes out and hits a lot less home runs.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
            Burned out infielder that was shitty in the bigs and has been successful in AAA? People still think he has potential? Okay, so he hits switch instead of lefty, but it's close enough.

Oh wait, I forgot that he's Latin. You can't compare two players if they aren't of the same nationality.
            That would be like comparing Davone Bess to Wes Welker. geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post

1. Never said he has potential; just think he can be a decent role player.

2. In '07, he posted a .351 OBP over 190 ABs, so he has proven he can do something on the ML level.

3. He and McPherson are two completely different players. I mean, comparing those two is almost akin to comparing Bonifacio and Jacobs.

Comment

Why are you getting so into this? It was an innocuous comment.

Comment

Working...
                X