Trading Leo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Leo

As we all know, there are rumors that we are looking to deal Leo Nunez. With our sudden bullpen depth, I am starting to like this idea. Hensley would slide into the closer role with Webb and or Mujica becoming our new setup guys.

Now the question is, who do we trade him to and for what?

Current teams without closers or could use an upgrade:
    Orioles
    Blue Jays
    Rays
    Indians
    Seattle
    Rangers (if they move Feliz back to the rotation if Lee leaves)
    Braves
    Mets
    Brewers
    Pirates
    Diamondbacks

Out of all of those teams, the O's, Rays, M's, Pirates and Dbacks interest me. Not sure who we would get or what we would be even looking for.

Discuss
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
    As we all know, there are rumors that we are looking to deal Leo Nunez.
    Source? I havent see anything on trading him yet.
    Originally posted by Matt Wilson
    Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
    Tom Koehler(4-0)
    AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
      Source?
      No source. I guess it's more of a speculation thing. When we were trading Dan, there were whispers of us dealing Leo as well. I haven't heard anything recent on trading Leo, I was just randomly thinking about it.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
        As we all know, there are rumors that we are looking to deal Leo Nunez. With our sudden bullpen depth, I am starting to like this idea. Hensley would slide into the closer role with Webb and or Mujica becoming our new setup guys.

Now the question is, who do we trade him to and for what?

Current teams without closers or could use an upgrade:
        Orioles
        Blue Jays
        Rays
        Indians
        Seattle
        Rangers (if they move Feliz back to the rotation if Lee leaves)
        Braves
        Mets
        Brewers
        Pirates
        Diamondbacks

Out of all of those teams, the O's, Rays, M's, Pirates and Dbacks interest me. Not sure who we would get or what we would be even looking for.

Discuss
        Indians (Perez), Brewers (Axford), Rangers (said Feliz is likely staying at closer), Braves (more likely to sign a veteran right-handed FA), Mets (KRod), Pirates (Hanrahan, Meek), and Mariners (Aardsma, League) are teams I don't really see as potential fits.

I also think the Diamondbacks sign a guy like Bobby Jenks to fill their closer's role before going out and trying to trade for a closer.

I think the Blue Jays make a lot of sense. They're pretty much on the verge of losing all of their relievers, and they have a lot of lefty arms.

Leo is pretty much a salary dump, and I'm not expecting a huge return for him. Not that I'd be overly thrilled with such an acquisition, but a guy like David Purcey seems to fit everything Beinfest likes in a reliever (lefty which is currently more needed, power arm, under club control for the next several years, great size, etc.)

Just a random thought.

Look at most of the relievers Beinfest has gotten over the past couple of years; they all kind of fit the same description. Also, look at the priority that has been placed on the bullpen this offseason, and how the pen pitchers have been acquired (trade). Such an acquisition wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Yeah, no thanks to dealing Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
            Yeah, no thanks to dealing Leo.
            It would certainly be very unlike the Marlins/pretty inefficient use of resources to keep Leo around.

Comment

If it's Leo or Vazquez due to payroll, which it probably is, I'll take Javy. Otherwise I'd prefer to see Leo stick around.

Comment

John Buck was on the Glen Geffner show today, and they talked about Leo a whole lot. Then again, Joe Frisaro was pretty much talking as if the Javy Vazquez thing was pretty much a guaranteed signing, already.

What are the odds of both Leo staying/Vazquez signing? Based on media words/words from the organization, you'd think both are a real possibility.

Comment

Depends what Javy gets.

Comment

Working...
                  X