Marlins Insider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Insider

In case you don't know, Glen Geffner is hosting a two-hour radio program every Saturday on 790 the Ticket called Marlins Insider. It's on right now. Today's guest are Edwin Rodriguez and Larry Beinfest.

Is anybody listening to this? Is so, what has been mentioned? I am at work and can't access this over my phone.

Do you have an iPhone?

If so, 790 The Ticket has an app for online listening.

Comment

I do. Is it in the app store?

Comment

Yeah it's free.

Comment

Yes 790 The Ticket

Comment

Cool. Thanks. Is anybody listening and can recap what they've said so far?

Comment

Since I've tuned in, no one has been on but Edwin will be on later.

Comment

Since I started listening they spoke about college football being hosted in Wrigley, history of football in Wrigley, the college football game tonight at Yankee stadium and then about Uggla's new jersey number. Then they went to break.

I'm not faulting them, because there's not much to talk about yet, but don't have a baseball show for two hours if you can't fill the time.

Comment

From what I've gathered, Beinfest was on last hour. I saw bits of what he said in tweets from the beat writers. It didn't seem like anything earth shattering but I just wanted to know if there was more that they didn't tweet.

Here's what I gathered from them so far.

joecapMARLINS: GM Larry Beinfest "thinks" Leo Nunez will be the #Marlins closer this year

JCRMarlinsbeat: Larry Bienfest on #Marlins' closer: "I think it's going to be be Leo [Nunez], but we have to filter that out in spring training."

joecapMARLINS: Clay Hensley probably won't be a starter, staying in 'pen, Beinfest tells Glenn Geffner on #Marlins Insider radio show

JCRMarlinsbeat: Beinfest on #Marlins Insider: "There's some speculation out there that we're on some starting pitching. I think that's fair to say."

joecapMARLINS: Would we like another starting pitcher? No doubt about it, Beinfest tells #Marlins Insider radio
                  Anybody catch anything else?

Comment

Finally talking baseball.

Glenn says that all indications he's gotten are that Coghlan is "locked into center-field."

Comment

ugh, why

Comment

Edwin wants Javy

Comment

Javy and Edwin were both born in Ponce, PR.

And they talked earlier this morning about joining the marlins.

Strong relationship b/w the two, maybe that is a further indication that Javy will take a bigger paycut to go to miami
                          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                          Tom Koehler(4-0)
                          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

The Marlins would love to sign Vazquez but they might not be able to afford him. He’s said to be seeking a deal of three years at $33 million. He’s also being considered by five other teams, according to reports.
                            http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...avier-vazquez/

Comment

Going to sum up the Beinfest portion of the interview for you guys. Seems like the majority didn't get to hear it.

1. Asked about the closer...he pretty much said that there are candidates, but he still "thinks Leo can do it."

2. He mentioned Coghlan in CF.

3. Nolasco's the #2.

4. He said he's pretty much content with a rotation of JJ, Nolasco, Anibal, Volstad, and 1 of Sanabia/Villanueva/Koehler. However, he also said that "you can never have enough pitching," and that it's "fair to say" that the team is still looking to add a SP. JJ, Nolasco, Anibal, and Volstad are locks, though. He's really high on JJ/Nolasco, liked what Anibal did in 2010, and liked what Volstad did in the 2nd half.

5. He said, once again, that if the season started today he feels like he has a roster capable of competing with anyone.

6. He said "we're maybe one lefty short in the bullpen," meaning to me that Richardson is no lock, by any means. He's just one of the guys who will get a shot in Spring Training. He added, though, that he feels more comfortable this year even if he only goes with one lefty (which is obviously Dunn who's the lock, not Richardson) because he feels like he now has more right-handers capable of getting lefties out (specifically mentioned Mujica when he said that...and said that because Mujica can get both righties/lefties out, he feels like he can close, if need be).

7. Regarding the Uggla trade, he pretty much said that he thinks we all wish Dan was still a Marlin today, but he rejected what they considered was a fair contract, and the organization feels like they got better defensively with Infante (regardless of which position he ends up playing...2B or 3B), and obviously he feels the bullpen has been upgraded.

8. Regarding what Dominguez has to do to make the team...he has to show "confidence," and the ability to make adjustments with the bat, as he did in the 2nd half last year in AA. Beinfest once again said that Dominguez is ready defensively, and if it was just based on his defensive play, he would've been in the big leagues 18 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X