• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Marlin.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Fredi is not associated with this team, therefore we no longer give a shit about him either.

Comment

• I didn't give a shit about him even when he was the coach of this team.

Comment

• We have a bitter bunch round here

Comment

• We aren't making millions of dollars of course we are bitter.

Comment

• Uggla was on the Dan Le Batard Show today and Uggla confirmed EVERYTHING. He confirmed that they offered him 4Y/$48M, he confirmed that he wanted 5Y/$71M, he confirmed that he refused to budge from that position ("I'm not the kind of guy to take less money than I deserve"). So at this point, how can anyone hold this against the Marlins?
              From the other place.
              poop

Comment

• Yep I was listening to the interview. It was funny because he kept on talking about how he isn't 25-26 years old so this is the only big contract he could get and how his numbers basically were worth more than what the Marlins were offering him.

Also LeBatard said the texts he was getting in from the listeners through out the video was negative towards Uggla so the general public is coming around!

Comment

• Oh this is splendid news. If the general public stayed jaded against the management, I couldn't sleep at night!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    From the other place.
                    He's not the type of guy to take less than he deserves? So I'm guessing next year he is retiring because nobody will pay him that shit, GTFO Dan

Comment

• You tell him

Comment

• "I'm not the kind of guy to take less money than I deserve"
                        This is so douchey it's unbelievable. He hits a ball with a bat and sucks at everything else and he says he deserves $71 million for that? I understand ball players get paid a lot, but for an athlete to just flat out say they deserve to get paid per year hundreds of times what the average American makes, they are just being a douchey douche who is a douche.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I don't know that I agree with that. You want to get paid your market value. You want to get paid more than it, but you certainly wouldn't say, "it's alright, my colleagues all make more money than me, but since it is so much money, I'll take something closer to what the average American makes, just because", ya know?

It's douchey because he is so certain that he deserves, or is worth in that market context, much more than he really does/is.

Comment

• Beef is right

Comment

• What an idiot.

What's going to be hilarious is, teams are going to be even more reluctant to sign him to a huge deal next year because he is a year older, the whole problem now. And then when he gets a 4/$36 offer, and his arbitration total is $11 million this year, he'll be making less than the Marlins 4 year offer. Even if he performs status quo, it's going to be all 3 year deals, and him fighting for a 4th. He really just doesn't get it.

He totally fucked up. He better OPS .950 this year if he expects that kind of money and years. I think there is a better chance he hits .750.
                              --------------------
                              Really glad he is out of town. I can't believe the Braves have jumped the Mets into most hated territory land.
                              Last edited by lou; 11-19-2010, 08:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12403659

According to this, Dunn can touch 102 mph. Suprised by that.
                                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X