No announcement yet.

Cameron Maybin Traded to Padres for Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burke Badenhop is officially the best player we got in the Cabrera deal.

Comment

Hopper FTW!
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Thats not surprising...Hopper is best.

Comment

Quotes on the trade from Beinfest;

"It was a big trade, absolutely, at the time," said President of Baseball Operations Larry Beinfest, of the Tigers' deal three years ago. "We were hopeful that Andrew and Cameron would be big parts of our ballclub for years to come. In both their cases they wished and we wished their performance would have been better. I still think for both of them that there is hope that they will be very good major leaguers. Cameron has wonderful talent. He dealt with some injuries. He dealt with some non-performance. He never really had the sustained time in the big leagues to show what we think he was capable of doing at the time of trade.

"They came together, but it wasn't one of those deals where we were thinking of moving them on together, either. It happened in two days. It was just one of those things. You've got to give to get, and Cameron is a good, young talent. In order to get the quality of relievers that we got back, you have to deal good, young talent, which happened to be Cameron."

"We talked to Chris Coghlan and we've asked him, when the knee is ready, to start taking fly balls in center field," Beinfest said.

"The bullpen was a priority and we went right at it," Beinfest said. "In this deal we identified a club that had young, relief pitching depth. We saw the Padres as a team that might be in need of a center fielder. This thing cooked up rather quickly and it seemed to make sense. This deal happened to take advantage of each others need. In Webb and Mujica, we see them fitting right into the back end of our bullpen. They both have power stuff. They've both pitched in the big leagues. We want to add to the back end of the bullpen. In this case, Cameron Maybin was the piece to go in this deal to make it work."
          Marlins trade Maybin to Padres for two relievers

Comment

Not too sure about Cogs in center.

Comment

Comment

Ohmagosh.

They won't let him play 2B though.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                  Not too sure about Cogs in center.
                  Yeah, that's a bit scary.

Comment

God, if they play Cogs in CF and Bonifacio at 2B

Comment

Maybe he's kinda hinting that Uggla won't be traded???

Comment

I think Beinfest is just covering his bases in case Uggla isn't trade.
                        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                        Tom Koehler(4-0)
                        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Those comments actually managed to make me feel a little iffy about this deal. Good job Beinfest.
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Uggla will be traded sometime between now and the end of the 2011 season.

Not breaking news here, but the writing is on the wall.
                            Last edited by Ramp; 11-13-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I got the same impression as flamarlin21. Cogs isn't even doing any type of baseball activities yet. He said in an article on the Marlins site on Veteran's Day that the Marlins had originally told him to do some workouts at 3rd. If Beinfest told CC to start taking balls in center, it doesn't sound to me like they are going to go after a centerfielder.

Comment

Coghlan in CF, would be a scenario where I view this trade of Maybin as a mega fail.

He can't play left, so let's play him in a top 5 spacious CF in baseball? Could he even hit a cut off man from the center field track?

I pray this is posturing to not screw ourselves in an Uggla trade. This is just stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X