No announcement yet.

Cameron Maybin Traded to Padres for Ryan Webb and Edward Mujica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize it's more unlikely than likely but it will be interesting to see the reactions of those celebrating Maybins departure here if Maybin develops into a quality OF'r in 2 years. Will everyone be like, "fuckin FO, how could they have traded a young Cameron Maybin to the Padres"?

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      I realize it's more unlikely than likely but it will be interesting to see the reactions of those celebrating Maybins departure here if Maybin develops into a quality OF'r in 2 years. Will everyone be like, "fuckin FO, how could they have traded a young Cameron Maybin to the Padres"?
      Probably depends on how Mujica and either Webb or Frieri pan out.

Comment

Just looked at Frieri's numbers. Now I'm ok if it'll be him.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Frieri is pretty cool too. But I like Webb. Acutuallly would prefer Webb and Frieri.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

most people seem to think mujica will be an elite setup guy or closer
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

This is going to depend on what center fielder Uggla and/or Nunez turns into.

Got to see the final plan and not the individual move with this one. They go into the season with Boner at 2B and Cousins in CF, mega fail. But I have a feeling the big one is coming with Uggla soon. They don't move Maybin if they don't have another center fielder lined up.

Comment

JCR says the second piece is Webb

Comment

JCRMarlinsbeat: Ryan Webb second reliever in #Marlins-#Padres deal. Cameron Maybin has not yet been contacted about pending trade.
                  /Twitter

Uh, it might be a good idea to tell him since this is all over Twitter and he has a Twitter account.

Comment

uh who cares if he's been told yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      This is going to depend on what center fielder Uggla and/or Nunez turns into.

Got to see the final plan and not the individual move with this one. They go into the season with Boner at 2B and Cousins in CF, mega fail. But I have a feeling the big one is coming with Uggla soon. They don't move Maybin if they don't have another center fielder lined up.
                      This.

the FA options (besides Werth and Crawford, who are too expensive) are pretty barren this year, need to get a guy through trades.
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                        /Twitter

Uh, it might be a good idea to tell him since this is all over Twitter and he has a Twitter account.
                        Link to his Twitter?

Comment

You can't play the results. We're trying to build a K heavy 'pen, and that's fine with me.

Bigger issue is we had 2 guys who could give you a .700-.750 OPS from CF no problem as recently as August. Now we have none. That's a big misstep.

Comment

I think they should offer Cody a free agent contract for $1 over the minimum

Comment

They should re-extend the 4/48 offer to Uggla, but then say to him, "hey Dan, if you're willing to go down to 4/36 we'll give Cody an offer for 3/12."

Comment

Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post
                                Link to his Twitter?
                                His ID is CamMaybin

Comment

Working...
                                X