Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine if Mike Stanton could play CF, he would, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      We are talking to some super intriguing teams regarding these trades. Let's wheel and deal, mother fuckers.

I'm ok with trading Maybin, but you've gotta get a CF in whatever trade you make with Uggla. We don't have a real one in the organization.
      Detroit has Daniel Fields. Raw and a ways away. A stop gap would still be necessary.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Just to give a different perspective on the Ellsbury talk... The Red Sox signed Mike Cameron to play CF this year, instead of letting Ellsbury keep the job. I think that says a lot about how they viewed him prior to the season, and there was actually a lot of drama surrounding him this season what with all the injury troubles and some comments he made about the organization. If the Marlins offered Uggla for Ellsbury, I think the Sox would do it in a heartbeat and then sign Crawford to play LF (they still have Cameron under contract).
        *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

I thought Ellsbury took too long to rehab and the team wasnt happy with him.

Comment

It's not just that, after his rehab went over the expected recovery timeframe he came out with a comment about how the team doctors mishandled his diagnosis. Said they only MRI'd the front of his chest when he requested front and back MRIs or something, leading to them missing extra fractured ribs, which is what caused his extended recovery time. Basically threw the entire organization under the bus, then later on when another Sox player broke his ribs (uh... it was Hermida, actually~! lol) and came back sooner than expected, it just made Ellsbury look like a huge doucheface. Considering additionally that he's never been more than average with the bat when he had such high expectations offensively, I think the organization is really sick of him at this point.

Comment

Well Hermida got released so Ells didnt' look too dumb after all.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

It's not Ellsbury's fault Hermida sucked, man.

Comment

Via Twitter:

JeffPassan

Source says Cameron Maybin "will be traded." Deal with #Padres getting close. #Marlins were discussing Alex Gordon with #Royals earlier.

Comment

Cono Bobby
                    --------------------
                    I woulda liked some Alex Gordon though.
                    Last edited by Ralph; 11-13-2010, 02:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I'd love some Alex Gordon action. Stick him at 3B.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Fuck this is crazy.

Marlins don't play
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Gordon is essentially KC's version of Hermida, except at least Hermida had one very good season. He's already 26 and will be 27 when the season starts. I'd rather keep Maybin if that's the case.

Comment

except that Hermida (and Maybin) plays a position that is relatively easy to find players at and Gordon plays a position of need for this organization. If we're talking about roughly the same slashline output as Maybin, I'd rather be getting it from a 3B who figures to just be a stopgap till Dominguez.
                            --------------------
                            supposedly official now pending physical

tomkrasovic Tom Krasovic

#Padres have traded for #Marlins CF Cameron Maybin pending physical.
                            Last edited by emkayseven; 11-13-2010, 02:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Nevermind.

Comment

Have any of these assholes mentioned what's coming back to Florida?

Comment

Working...
                                X