X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valid View Post
    GREINKE.

No but seriously, what realistic options do they have that we could possibly be interested in?
    What about Alex Gordon and try him out at 3B again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
      What about Alex Gordon and try him out at 3B again?
      Blech. I'd rather stick with Maybin. I have more confidence in him panning out than Gordon.

Comment

Soria, Joakim.

Pipedream

Comment

They have no big league guy who interest me other than Gordon. We're not gonna get Soria, they have no other big league relievers that are anything worth trading for.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
            They have no big league guy who interest me other than Gordon. We're not gonna get Soria, they have no other big league relievers that are anything worth trading for.
            Well, they do have Butler (whom we could put at first if we decide to move Gaby), but I'm sure there's no way they deal him unless we throw in a shitload more than Maybin.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
              Well, they do have Butler (whom we could put at first if we decide to move Gaby), but I'm sure there's no way they deal him unless we throw in a shitload more than Maybin.
              Very true.

It's likely we won't get a "prospect" back for Maybin so we'll be working with guys who are decent and have less than 3, maybe even less than 2, years of service time.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                Very true.

It's likely we won't get a "prospect" back for Maybin so we'll be working with guys who are decent and have less than 3, maybe even less than 2, years of service time.
                I know this is probably a pipedream, but I wonder if we could somehow work out a deal for Butler (maybe Maybin + West + ?) and then swing Gaby for some relief pitching?

Comment

I wouldn't be totally against that.

However, that would leave us with no lefty starters even close to being big league ready.

Brad Hand would be our top guy, and he has thrown one game in Double-A.
                  --------------------
                  But. I'd rather trade for a LF so we could move LoMo back to first and then ship Gaby for relievers.
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 11-13-2010, 12:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Cody can play center...oh, wait.

Comment

hahahaa.

Comment

Who's down for

Uggla for Ellsbury

And

Maybin for Bell?

Comment

Z, I really don't think we'll get much for Maybin. I think he's lost his "trade for Bell" value.

I think we'll get a better return than Andrew Miller but nothing great.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            Who's down for

Uggla for Ellsbury

And

Maybin for Bell?
                            This is not a video game and even in the video game the opposing teams wouldn't accept that.

Comment

We are talking to some super intriguing teams regarding these trades. Let's wheel and deal, mother fuckers.

I'm ok with trading Maybin, but you've gotta get a CF in whatever trade you make with Uggla. We don't have a real one in the organization.
                              poop

Comment

Well that's what people here are discussing which is why I mentioned it. I myself don't think Ugz for Ellsbury will work but then again Ellsbury barely played last season. As for Bell, the Pads are looking to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X