No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Andrew Miller to Boston for Dustin Richardson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you bring up that you played baseball at the collegiate level in any discussion. Especially against Mainge. He won't have a comeback.

Because he sucks at baseball.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Make sure you bring up that you played baseball at the collegiate level in any discussion. Especially against Mainge. He won't have a comeback.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I never did play at the collegiate but have played on teams with and against current MLB players. But I wasn't ever close to being good enough to even be drafted.

Comment

Swift remains the lone expert, then. Damn him.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
          I like to think I do.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. Haha.

Why don't you decide for yourself. I'm not here to just troll and hate on the Marlins. I actually have tons of respect for the organization, especially their front office minus their owner. I'm not going to hate on them or try to create controversy. If you guys don't want me here it's ok I would understand, I can leave no questions asked. Like I said I love the game and love talking about it, that's why I'm here. Maybe it will be refreshing having a different voice/perspective around here.
          --------------------

I actually only really follow baseball and football. I could really care less what the Celtics or Rangers do. If they win I'm happy but if they lose I won't lose sleep at night. So you won't see me getting into any discussions on those sports.

As for the college question, I think it all depends. I went to a small D2 college to play baseball before I got hurt and ended up quitting to focus on school. I'm from CT so obviously UConn is pretty big up there and always on TV so I probably watch more UConn games than any other team. I still think it's ok to root for the college team you liked growing up as well as the school you go to, but if they play each other you should support your school.
          That last part about belonging here was a crack towards Dawson, not you. Well in a way towards you but not really. We were paralleling it between an incident that happened earlier when someone was talking bout Dawson deserving to be in HoF, so nothing on you bruh.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Cody Ross Chant View Post

YOU AREN'T WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

Comment

I did not know Swifters played ball at the collegiate level. Division III?

<3

Comment

NYU Club Team.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                    That last part about belonging here was a crack towards Dawson, not you. Well in a way towards you but not really. We were paralleling it between an incident that happened earlier when someone was talking bout Dawson deserving to be in HoF, so nothing on you bruh.
                    I gotcha. No problem.

Comment

Sox non-tendered him today. Figure there's an agreement to take a lesser guaranteed $ amount for 2011, but still, moderately surprising.

Comment

I don't understand why the sox would trade for him in this case. But I don't understand trading for someone and then dumping him for nothing in any situation.

Comment

Guessing they will try to resign him to a cut price deal, still odd move given the Marlins were always going to non-tender him. Suppose they hope the month rapport will swing him to return, well that and Bard being there.

Comment

They probably offer higher incentives, and easier to reach incentives to take a minor-league deal and stay off the 40.

It's basically paying for a roster spot.

Comment

Ken_Rosenthal: Free-agent LHP Andrew Miller, non-tendered by #RedSox, met face-to-face w 4 clubs yest. Worthy project for good pitch coach. #WhiteSox? #MLB
                              /Twitter

Why did the Red Sox trade for him again?

Comment

Because they were hoping to come to an agreement with him, but they weren't able to. By trading for him, they had sole priority on negotiations.

It's not like they gave up something of value.

Comment

Working...
                                X