Rotoworld Thinks Sean West Will Start on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: Rotoworld Thinks Sean West Will Start on Saturday

In West's three last starts for AA Jacksonville, he has thrown 18 innings, giving up 21 hits 7r(7er), 2 walks and striking out 12. He's scheduled to throw on Saturday for JAX at this point

He is listed as the probable pitcher on Marlins.com

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...s.jsp?c_id=fla

Comment

Well, it's not like we have a lot of options at this point. In terms of arms in our system, there's a lot of sucking going on at the upper levels.

Comment

All the beat writers have been speculating that he will start so this is nothing new. Fredi still has not come out and said who will start Saturday. The press pass from today is still listing tomorrow's starter as TBA.

Keep an eye on tonight's Zephyrs game as well. Hensley is still listed as the scheduled starter but I would think he has a shot at pitching for us on Saturday, too. That game starts at 10 pm ET tonight.

We did clear a spot on the 40-man roster a couple days ago. Gotta think there was some reason for it.

Comment

Scratch Hensley. He is in the lineup for NOLA tonight.

I still don't think West is ready and him going against the Phillies is just scary.
          --------------------
          I wonder if this is just a spot start.

Anibal just threw 6.2 innings in rehab tonight. He may return to the rotation next week.

Maybe this is why Taylor was cleared from the roster; to activate Anibal from the 60 day DL.
          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-07-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
          X