A.J. Pierzynski Would Consider Coming to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
    Well we are not getting Miguel Olivo, the Blue Jays just acquired him for a player to be named later.
    As of 10:48 this morning (according to MLBTradeRumors.com), the Blue Jays declined Olivo's $2.5 million option, and will instead pay his $500K buyout, making him a Type-B free agent.
    Last edited by rmc523; 11-05-2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

That is RMC, didn't know that at time of post.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Well we are not getting Miguel Olivo, the Blue Jays just acquired him for a player to be named later.
        Best news I have heard all day. Even though it happened yesterday.

I should read further before I post. Damn it Blue Jays, sign him back cheaper. I dont want Beinfest to realize Miguel Olivo is on the market.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

He's not great, but he's certainly not the worst, either. He's been a 3.2 and 2.0 WAR player the last two seasons.

Comment

That is RMC, didn't know that at time of post.
            Sorry about that, I shouldn't have included the "the report I read" part and should've looked at the time of your post to see you couldn't have known that LOL. I was just trying to build upon your post, informing everyone of a more recent report, not question what you knew.

Comment

Oh I know, just making conversation RMC
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The Marlins are working hard to sign free agent catcher John Buck, an official from another team told Ed Price of AOL FanHouse (Twitter link). Yesterday, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos described Buck's market as "very, very strong" and implied his agents at ACES seek a multiyear deal. Buck, 30, hit .281/.314/.489 with 20 home runs in 437 plate appearances for Toronto this year. He signed for $2MM after being non-tendered by the Royals.

Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reported yesterday that the Marlins and A.J. Pierzynski share mutual interest, but he might be too pricey for the Fish.

-MLBTR

Comment

Working...
                X