A.J. Pierzynski Would Consider Coming to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: A.J. Pierzynski Would Consider Coming to the Marlins

Free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski told Jim Bowden of XM Radio on Wednesday that he would consider the Marlins as a possible destination, especially since playing in South Florida would put him close to home in Orlando. It's uncertain what, if any, interestthe Marlins have in Pierzynski. But they're looking aroundfor help at the position. Chicago's exclusive negotiating window with Pierzynski ends Sunday, but the catcher said he has not heard a peep from the White Sox, "so we don't have to worry about that."

Pierzynski, 33, is a workhouse who puts up solid offensive numbers and provides postseason experience, including a World Series title with the White Sox in 2005. Price, however, could be an object. Pierzynski has been averaging about $5.5 annually over the past six years. But the guy plays with lots of intensity and passion,traits thatappeal to owner Jeffrey Loria.

Here's some of the Q & A between Pierzynski and XM's Bowden:

Bowden: These are the teams I think you fit for: I've got the Red Sox, Tampa Bay, Texas, Florida, San Diego and the Mets, although I don't think they are good enough for you to go because you need to win right now at your age. So what do you think of that group of five teams?

Pierzynski: They all sound like winners to me. They all have great teams, they all are great opportunities and, you know, any person would be lucky to go to any of them....Tampa and Florida, obviously, are close to home.....

Bowden: If money is equal across the board when you look at this stuff, and years and all that kind of stuff, how would you put order of importance: being close to home, having a chance to win a championship immediately, having the best situationwhere you can split time with another (catcher)? How do you kind of put all that in an order of where you would like to go?

Pierzynski: "Well, the first two things are I want to go someplace where I can win, and I want to go someplace I can play every day. So, those are the first two factors I am looking at. And then, obviously, proximity to home. I have two young kids that are just starting school, so that's high on the list. Spring training in Florida would be nice, but not a necessity. Is there an easy flight home from whatever city I'm in to get to Orlando where I live?
    A.J. Pierzynski would consider Marlins
    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM.

Don't think he really upgrades what we'd have with Baker in the fold.

Comment

Pierzynski, 33, is a workhouse who puts up solid offensive numbers and provides postseason experience, including a World Series title with the White Sox in 2005. Price, however, could be an object. Pierzynski has been averaging about $5.5 annually over the past six years. But the guy plays with lots of intensity and passion,traits thatappeal to owner Jeffrey Loria.
      One sentence in this paragraph is relevant/objective/true.

Comment

In related news: I would consider punching myself in the face.

He's a douche.

Comment

So him and Wes could be besties with testes

Comment

AJ would be bench coach.

Comment

but still friendlies with Wes right?

Comment

They will secretly hate each other though.

Comment

would AJ supplant Scott Olsen as the biggest douche Marlins player?

Comment

Neither can touch AJ Burnett

Comment

Let's not leave Dan Miceli out of the biggest douches in Marlins history conversation.

Comment

What about people that looked douchey?

Frank Castillo looked douchey in a NY/NJ type of way.

Comment

Paul Lo Duca seems like the type of guy who'd wear alot of TapouT tees.

Comment

Well we are not getting Miguel Olivo, the Blue Jays just acquired him for a player to be named later.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                              Well we are not getting Miguel Olivo, the Blue Jays just acquired him for a player to be named later.
                              GOOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X