Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate Naming Rights Sponsor Backs Out, Marlins Park for Now

In light of:

Another big development is the naming rights for the ballpark. Samson said the team hopes to have an announcement by the end of the year.

"We have multiple companies who want to do business with us," he said.
    http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...s_fla&c_id=fla

Major Companies in South Florida

Banco Popular Park
    Carnival Park
    Royal Caribbean Ballpark
    Seminole Hard Rock Park
    Burger King Park 'The Whopper'
    Pollo Tropical Park

Bacardi Park would be so win for all the SoFla connections.

As an aside, a Twins blogger started putting names of F500 companies based in the Twin Cities into GoDaddy and narrowed it down to Target, Land O' Lakes and another corporation months before the Twins made the official announcement.

noooooooooooo

there goes my hope of selling marlinsballpark.com
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I had joked that we would one day play in Bacardi Limon Field and the Pollo Tropical Park. DREAMS DO COME TRUE.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

The Situation Park at Snookie Field.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

In the first quarter of the new year, the Marlins hope to finalize a naming-rights partner for the stadium. An announcement appears to be at least a couple of months away.

Additionally, there will be four quadrant naming-rights partners, for the red, green, blue and yellow quadrants.

"We're down the road with three companies," Samson said of the naming-rights partner search. "For the four quadrants, we're down the road with seven companies. I feel very confident where we are as far as when companies come down and see our new park. When they seen our vision come to life, they are excited to come on board. Now, we're really just talking about specifics in both the financial parameters and the activation parameters.

"There will be four quadrant partners -- we've got the red, green, blue and yellow. There will be companies who will name those quadrants, plus a naming rights partner for the whole ballpark."
          http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news/...s_fla&c_id=fla

Comment

Smart business.

Comment

BacardiBallpark.com was purchased by proxy two weeks ago: http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=...rog_id=GoDaddy

Stadium, park and field are still available.

Comment

Free shot Fridays!

Comment

Rum & cokes weeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                    BacardiBallpark.com was purchased by proxy two weeks ago: http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=...rog_id=GoDaddy

Stadium, park and field are still available.
                    I wouldn't necessarily put too much into that. Cybersquatters buy up anything they think could be valuable, it's conjecture most of the time.
                    --------------------
                    for example, carnivalstadium.com was registered by proxy on the same exact day: http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy

pure guessing on someone's part hoping to luck into money
                    Last edited by emkayseven; 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Didn't work out so well for you.

Comment

Actually it did but as I signed a non disclosure agreement I can't discuss it

Comment

Nah.

Comment

MK knows what's up.

Comment

Florida Marlins' ballpark naming rights deal nearly done

By Craig Davis August 2, 2011 06:00 PM
                              The new Marlins ballpark will soon have a name.

A deal is close to being finalized on principal naming rights, P.J. Loyello, Marlins senior vice president of communications, said Tuesday.

During a media tour of the ballpark in mid-June, team President David Samson said negotiations were down to two companies.
                              “The end is always the hardest. I wanted an announcement [by] June 1. We are in an area where we’ve narrowed it down considerably and we’re at the final lap,” Samson said at the time. “It’s going to be a very interesting deal when it’s announced. Both companies are international companies.”

Despite the struggling economy, companies remain willing to pour big money into putting their name on stadiums. MetLife is reportedly close to securing rights to New Jersey's Meadowlands Stadium that would average $17 million to $18 million a year. The most paid for stadium naming rights is the 20-year, $400 million deal for the Mets’ Citi Field, according to Forbes magazine.

The Marlins deal will be for more than the name on the ballpark.

“From what I understand there’s several companies that stepped forward, and negotiations were always pretty open and clear about what the economic parameters of the deal would be, and people didn’t shy away. We’re talking multinational companies that are looking to get their name in Miami,” Loyello said, adding that the partnership is going to be “omnipresent from a marketing standpoint, a community standpoint and, obviously, a presence at the ballpark itself.

“We’re trying to get the best deal. We’re at the point that we’re finalizing it.

The Marlins have other secondary sponsors lined up to put their names on the four quadrants of the ballpark. Those will be finalized after the primary naming partnership is announced.

“We’re not going to finalize those until the naming rights deal is done. It’s a much longer partnership, longer in years and more money,” Samson said. “We’ve got to make sure everything is available for what a naming rights partner would like.”
                              The bolded statement leads me to believe the naming rights partner will not be a local company like Carnival, Bacardi, Royal Caribbean or Burger King.

Comment

Working...
                              X