Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8"]Gears of War commersh[/ame]
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

come on fritz, that song was posted

Comment

I know, but I just really enjoy the commersh. I listened to your version first.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
            Just a heads up, but the offseason discussion will not be centralized in one thread on a Marlins message board.

/admin in me
            I know. I was just trying to get us started and, since I started this with Beinfest's assessment of the season, I thought it would be easier to post it as one article instead of 5 or 6 smaller ones.

Comment

The marlins' FO does a horrible job building up interest for the new stadium, and i think they are going to need a very active offseason to make up for that. Get a legit 8th RP, a LOOGY, a veteran starter, and a bench bat.

They need to make a splash, whether in coaching or/and in the roster.
              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
              Tom Koehler(4-0)
              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

The stadium is more than an entire year away, what should they be doing right now to build interest in the stadium?

I just went to the Magic arena yesterday, I def think it would be weird if they were spending lots of money a year and a half ago telling me to come to the new arena in the somewhat distant future. Such an advertising campaign would have no effect, I would forget all about it.

Comment

Was there even enough people watching the games to warrant advertising for the new stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                    Was there even enough people watching the games to warrant advertising for the new stadium?
                    I'm pretty sure the Marlins actually always get pretty good television ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                      I've honestly never looked at those numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                        Cogs playing the outfield goes against their "get better defensively" proposition.
                        Why? IIRC, Cogs led the team and was at the top of the list in at least the NL (if not MLB) in outfield assists with 7 in 90 games with one error before his injury; his numbers are similar to Stanton's numbers looking at the stats. Stanton played in 97 games, with 10 assists and 4 errors, though I suppose Stanton had a lot more catches than Coghlan. At any rate, Coghlan appears to be better in LF than Morrison (I like Morrison, though); do remember too that Coghlan improved greatly from the time he first went into left field until his injury, so who's to say he won't continue to improve?

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                        I've always read that too.

Comment

Larry Beinfest offseason checklist:
                          Week One
                          Step 1. Take home game film of Bonifacio running the bases
                          Step 2. Go to the grocery, grab box of kleenex and some personal lubricant

Week Two thru Seventeen
                          Repeat Step 2
                          Go to winter meetings with portable DVD player, make good use of the do not disturb sign and Walgreens down the street

Week Eighteen
                          Show up at Spring Training with remarkable increase of muscle mass on biceps and forearms.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Todd:

Comment

I am the worst hotel in the world according to Amsterdam?
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

ohmygosh, you are undoubtedly the freakin worst

Comment