Volstad, Three Relievers Shut Out Brewers; Fish Win 4-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Volstad, Three Relievers Shut Out Brewers; Fish Win 4-0

Strange that this is a Marlins site and no one has posted anything about the games for much of the past two weeks. I know we're out of it but this is still a Marlins site, right?

Highlights from the game:

Volstad threw 6.2 scoreless innings. He's not been scored on in his last 15.2 innings pitched.

Veras, Nunez and Hensley picked up where Volstad left off and combined to throw the 16th shutout this season, a new Marlins record for shutouts in a season.

Stanton hit a homer into the second level of seats.

All four Marlins runs were driven in by rookies; 1 RBI a piece for Stanton, LoMo, Gaby and Ozzie Martinez.

If anyone is still watching the Marlins (I know KJC and I are), feel free to discuss.

I'm a football first kind of guy. I always have the box score updates refreshing on my computer though.

Comment

I haven't watched a game in a few days but I have an excused absence note.

Comment

Mibs is super condescending.

Comment

Yeah, I like the indignation because Volstad has had a couple good starts in a row.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I'd like to apologize to mba for not watching the games. Things have been a bit busy for me lately, but I'm gonna work hard to rectify the situation so I can watch Adalaladflkjfadfhberto Martinez and Andrew "Thriller" Miller pitch us to a .500 record.

Comment

41 looked really good again, he might be cheating.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I won't apologize. I haven't been watching because I don't care anymore.

Also, I'm not a glutton for punishment.

Comment

I'm just saying that this is presented as a Marlins message board and we haven't had any talk about the Marlins games in weeks.

I realize this has turned more into a message board for the couple of dozen of us that have known each other for a while but I it's strange how all the Marlins talk has about died. Last year, we still kept making game threads and post game threads even after the Marlins were out of the race but we've only had 5 game threads and about 3 post game threads in the past 15 days. I think think it's sad to see that no one is paying attention to the Marlins anymore.

Comment

It's football season and all we care about is the hot-ass new stadium.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Late September baseball hasn't been this irrelevant in Miami for quite sometime mba.

The only reason I even peek in on games is to watch Giancarlo

Comment

This team is obnoxious, that's why.
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

Working...
                        X