Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marlins are prepared to use the money they have been planning to spend on Uggla on other parts of their club.
    I'm warming up more and more to the idea of Uggla going bye bye, and if this is true (as obvious as it is) then I'm more than down for him being gone.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      I'm warming up more and more to the idea of Uggla going bye bye, and if this is true (as obvious as it is) then I'm more than down for him being gone.
      You've gotta wonder what that statement implies, though. It could just mean spending money on a Ross Gload.

Comment

• My only concern is that, with Uggla, we at least know what we are getting. Are we confident the front office will use that money wisely on other acquisitions?

Comment

• I would rather go with a LHB for the bench, a 5-6 mil pitcher, and some relivers for the 11 mil we're going to pay Daniel. I trust them to get value in those spots as much as is possible.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
            You've gotta wonder what that statement implies, though. It could just mean spending money on a Ross Gload.
            I would guess that implies spending $48 million over the next 4 years on other parts of the team. Ross Gload will not cost that. And let's remember that they were already considering signing Nolasco last offseason, so there's money for him, too, or at least money that could have been used on him that can now be used on other parts of the club.

If the FO has $48-ish million to dump on players, in theory they could sign a nice back of the rotation starter, help the bullpen (which can also be boosted with an Uggla trade), and bump up the bench.

If they're going to spend the money elsewhere, I'm okay with trading Uggla, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a good return.

Comment

• This is exciting, I'm sure one of the two NL teams are the Pads. Let's see if more teams merge towards Ugz so we can get a good package for him.

Count me out for Dominguez at 3rd, his glove is ready but not his bat. I don't want to rush Matt.

Let's see what the FO can do with 10 mil to play with this off season.
              Last edited by Big Z; 11-13-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                I would guess that implies spending $48 million over the next 4 years on other parts of the team. Ross Gload will not cost that. And let's remember that they were already considering signing Nolasco last offseason, so there's money for him, too, or at least money that could have been used on him that can now be used on other parts of the club.

If the FO has $48-ish million to dump on players, in theory they could sign a nice back of the rotation starter, help the bullpen (which can also be boosted with an Uggla trade), and bump up the bench.

If they're going to spend the money elsewhere, I'm okay with trading Uggla, but I'm not getting my hopes up for a good return.
                You really think they're going to spend $48 million? I mean, I hope so, but it just doesn't seem realistic given our track record.

Comment

• Any interest on another left handed throwing Andrew that was also rushed by the Tigers?
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                    You really think they're going to spend $48 million? I mean, I hope so, but it just doesn't seem realistic given our track record.
                    Our track record didn't include $30M in additional from a new ballpark. Look at Minnesota, they were the AL version of the Marlins and their payroll was over $90M last season. There are a lot of things changing in the next couple years if Samson's reasoning behind keeping revenue sharing money is to be believed.

Comment

• Who is that? Can't think of who it is.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Andrew Oliver
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

Comment

• ohhh ya. I'm dumb.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            Andrew Oliver
                            Is he an Andrew Miller/Oliver Perez hybrid of suck?

Comment

• hehe I kinda like him though. But I liked both Andrew and Oliver at one point in their unrespected careers too.
                              - Michael Johnson

Comment

• This trade talk being released after Dan won the Silver Slugger sounds like a game of chicken to me. Uggla's people are most likely trying to use the Silver Slugger to get the Marlins to pay him more and the Marlins are likely leaking the trade talk to get Uggla to agree to the 4/$48 million deal if he really wants to say. Let's see who blinks first.

Comment

Working...
                                X