Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope not too.. even at 48mil I don't like it.

Comment

• I wonder what type of offers we could get for him.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJC View Post
        I wonder what type of offers we could get for him.
        A deal including a ML ready SP, preferably a lefty. I would love to see what Boston is willing to give up. Billy Beane said today that he will not trade Braden, Cahill, Gio or Anderson, i'm not sure if this knocks them out of the race for Uggla. I'm not too savy with their minors.

Comment

• Would he play 3B for Boston?
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• OF or 3B, I highly doubt they switch Pedroia anywhere else.

Comment

• Sources say that the Detroit Tigers, looking everywhere for a power bat, have contacted the Marlins to express their interest.
              http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/m..._uggla/3598364

With the way the Cabs deal worked out for them, Detroit would be stupid not to contact the Marlins about any players they put on the market.

Comment

• Maybe we can get Mike Rabelo back. I'd take that for Uggla
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• offer unofficially pulled

/inside info

Comment

• Marlins dot com doesn't count as inside info.

A random guy on twitter, on the other hand, does.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• We are doomed
                      --------------------
                      That's just a blanket statement because our ownership is insane, nothing in particular.

I really can't fathom what's more astounding. Offering him $48, or him rejecting it. What in the world is going on.
                      Last edited by lou; 11-13-2010, 02:26 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        offer unofficially pulled

/inside info
                        If this is true, then I'm happy. Uggla had his chance to stay with the fish but was too greedy. Goodluck getting that 5th year Ugz, and even better luck trying to get 4/48. Let's see what we can get for him

Comment

• MIAMI -- With contract talks stalled, the Marlins are in the process of measuring trade interest for Dan Uggla.

FOXSports.com reports that the Marlins have had discussions with the Tigers regarding the power-hitting second baseman.

According to multiple sources, MLB.com has learned that the Marlins are not confident they will sign Uggla, who recently turned down a four-year, $48 million offer.

Prepared to move in another direction, the Marlins have been initiating and fielding calls for the 30-year-old, who belted 33 home runs and drove in 105 runs in 2010.

Along with having contact with the Tigers, the Marlins have received calls from at least two unidentified National League teams.

The General Managers Meetings are set for next week, and the Marlins are expected to actively hold discussions regarding Uggla, as well as other possible moves.

The Marlins are prepared to use the money they have been planning to spend on Uggla on other parts of their club.

In conversations the Marlins have had with teams about Uggla, they have been asking for relief pitching in return.

Florida also is in the market for a catcher.

What's hindering the Marlins' conversations with other clubs is the uncertainty of whether Uggla would sign a multiyear deal. Uggla, who won his first Silver Slugger Award on Thursday, has one more season remaining in arbitration.

He is eligible for free agency in 2012.

If Uggla is traded, the Marlins are prepared to switch Chris Coghlan to second base and give prospect Matt Dominguez a chance to win the third-base job in Spring Training.

If Dominguez, a first-round pick in 2007, doesn't appear big league-ready in Spring Training, the team likely will pursue a veteran infielder for either second or third base. Dominguez has spent the past two seasons at Double-A Jacksonville.

Before talks with Uggla broke down, the Marlins had been planning on switching Coghlan from left field to third base.
                          http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_fla

Relief pitching for a player of Uggla's caliber? You've gotta be effing shitting me...

Comment

• Shit Jacob Turner, Ryan Perry, and Alex Avila and I'm game.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Soria, Joakim.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                                Soria, Joakim.
                                Kansas City would never do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X